L -7.75

Cylinder R 0.00
L 0.00

Axis R 0.0
L 0.0

This means I fail a class one???

Mr Magoo
18th May 2001, 02:03
Yes - you fail an initial issue , (-5 dioptres), but you'd pass a class 1 renewal!!

Crazy but there you go - check out my previous postings to find out how to get to -5 and pass your initial though!

Magoo

wardr1
18th May 2001, 02:37
Ok I have found a few of them but there are alot of them and to be honest I cant be bothered to look thru 100's of topics!! ;)

What do you mean by a renewal? You need to have one to renew it?!! (Note that I have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about here) An I also don't understand these eye exercises. How could I possibly reduce my myopia to -5 form -7.75?!!! It's impossible! But I believe you did it though.

I'll keep on scanning for more of your posts.

[This message has been edited by wardr1 (edited 17 May 2001).]

VFE
18th May 2001, 03:39
wardr1,

You would do well to attempt to find those posts made by Mr.Magoo and others regarding the eyesight issue.

Mr.Magoo seems to be a strong subscriber to the Bates Method of eyesight correction (I believe that is what is called) and has helped many wannabes through a seemingly inpenetrable obstacle.

If you are determined to succeed in your ambition you would do worse than to follow the Bates Method.

VFE.

I know this post could easily appear in a Julian Cleary or Graham Norton show but I never chose the names of scientific methods OK?

Island Air
18th May 2001, 13:11
Mr Magoo, why would he pass a renewal with -7.75? Is the renewal not -5 max? At least thats what the CAA website says, unless you know something different...?

wardr1
18th May 2001, 13:59
Thats what I thought (-5) but I think I saw the renewal being (-8) same as a class 2 but this may be a rumour and could not find any info on the CAA web site to support this.

I also thought this Bates method was some sort of a gag in the lines of to much M*****bate-ing makes you blind :) or something like that. But I think it's got something to do with not wearing your correction at all, or wearing your correction with a pair of stronger corection glasses over the top?? I'm sure practicing the Bates method when I'm driving will really give my insurance company a few laughs. I just cant see myself being able to practice this method with my lifestyle, unless I decide to lock myself in my room for three months. But if it really could help me then well I probably will have to do it.

I need more info Mr Magoo!!

Blindside
18th May 2001, 15:59
If you can't be bothered to help yourself by looking through all the potentially helpful posts, why should anyone make any effort to help you?

It can't be that important to you.

regards

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

wardr1
18th May 2001, 16:07
I do take this very seriously by the way.

I have been behind this f'ing monitor for 3 hours!!!

Not only am I confused now but my eys have probably got worse!

I was just hoping that some one could tell me whats true and whats false. this is a Rumour network after all!

FireDragon
18th May 2001, 17:11
Also, do a search for 'blackdot' From his answers to postings, he appears to be quite an advocate for the Bates method, (which, bu the way, involves more than simply leaving off your glasses/lenses, and offers some very interesting points)

FD