PDA

View Full Version : volunteering pilot work in South America?

Jason040
1st Apr 2010, 09:28
Hi

I am going to be spending some time in South America and I am a New Zealand trained comm pilot with my multi engine instrument rating. I already know there is very little work for pilots in South America, but I hear you can pick up work if you don't mind not getting paid? Working for companies like "wings of hope" and ministerial companies. Can someone please confirm if this is true and if so, where I could look when I get over there. I am going to to be spending some time in the northern countries of South America, mainly Ecuador. Thanks

Panama Jack
1st Apr 2010, 14:15
These types of "gigs" are normally missionary work with some flying involved. They require statements of faith and the people who I've met involved in this area usually sought sponsorship through their church to earn their "salaries" while on the mission. Missionary Fellowship Aviation (MAF) is one of these outfits, they have a website, but you will soon discover that they require a very significant commitment which weeds out individuals who are not missionaries first. Hardly casual work.

Having said that, I know of a few people who are full-time missionaries in Latin America who would love to get into flying airplanes during their work, but even this is difficult.

Many of the other time builders have already looked into this option. ;)

Pilocol
28th Apr 2010, 14:53
Hey Panama J ...
According to your location I thik this will Not be your kind a job ...
Regards...

Pilocol ...