PDA

View Full Version : Living in Qatar and working at Qatar Airways

crjlover
31st Mar 2010, 14:56
Hi,
I saw that QR is looking for ops controllers and flight dispatchers in DOH. I would like to know: how is the life in DOH, and at QR.

Regards
crjlover.

seejonfly
1st Apr 2010, 03:54
Hello all,

Can anyone share information about living in Qatar and working at Qatar Airways in operations? Some specific questions are:
1-Are the offices smoking or non-smoking?
2-How is public transportation (better to buy a car or use public trans)?
3-Where are company housing areas?
4-Good places to shop for food etc?
5-Satellite TV and internet-how hard to obtain, cost?
6-Recommendation as to personal bank?

Thanks!

Jon

rapidshot
1st Apr 2010, 06:23
Hello all,

Hi Jon,

i have been in qatar several times for business purposes ,
1. smoking is banned in closed areas
2. better to buy a car or take a cab, there is public transportation but wont be helpful
3. depends on how much you want to pay, an average "villa" for 2 costs around 15000 to 20000 QR, no idea about Qatar Airways houses,
4. Many, i thing they are better than most countries,
5. available but as for internet they have a bottle neck type service provider, most sites are banned,
6. no idea

i hope this helps a little

sandpitwantabe
1st Apr 2010, 18:21
Hi

I know Qatar very well, been here for a while now

Most people buy or rent cars - we dont have rail or metro
Internet and home phone costs 230QAR a month only some sites are banned, but there are VPN's that get round them
Shopping is fine
As to QR -- read the posts about the company, lay down in dark room and think again
Cost of housing has come down a two bed appartment in a ok area can be from 7000QAR a month
If you take the QR housing its not bad depending upon your grade.

:ugh:

seejonfly
7th Apr 2010, 10:47
:)

Thanks for the replies! Completed phone interview this morning and hope to be invited over for an in country interview.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Best wishes to all,

Jon

SU-GCM
16th Jul 2010, 01:23
there is another advertisement that was just posted and closes by Mid august ?

Is Qatar Airways in that great need for flight dispatchers ?! can somebody shed some lights on the expected interview whether over the phone or that in the country ?

crjlover
5th Feb 2012, 09:55
Hi,
does somebody has some update??

regards

JohnieWalker
18th Feb 2012, 16:14
From what I know Qatar uses LIDO for flightplanning.

They're not really using it to full power though, just Insert-Analyse-File. Pilots have access to Dispatch room, so sometimes you could probably be annoyed by them. Everyone tends to include Flight Dispatch e-mail group into CC line in all e-mails so that is a mess also.

That's just what I remember from talking to QTR Dispatchers, nice guys. :) Don't know about the salary/living costs.

727lvr
23rd Feb 2012, 14:24
Hi Guys ,

Wondering if anyone knows the wage and housing allowance for a flight dispatcher at Qatar? Working with a "star" airline know , so know the in and outs of a complex ops but thinking about making the move . If anyone could let me know , please feel free to PM me .

Cheers