PDA

View Full Version : Skyservice

EIPCW
31st Mar 2010, 18:58
Just read on another website that Skyservices is about to be grounded as the airline faces receivership proceedings.

No doubt if true may impact on the TOM Summer Programme in the UK and Ireland as they base several a/c around the UK and Ireland for TOM.

MILEHIGHBOY
31st Mar 2010, 19:49
yes this is correct and confirmed on www.skyservice.com (http://www.skyservice.com)

TCX were also having 2 a/c for S10 1xLGW and 1xGLA

jimbo canuck
1st Apr 2010, 16:26
Nearly all the aircraft are leased. The winter leases from TOM and TCX have been returned to UK. Of the remaining aircraft, several are leased from ILFC, and one or two from other lessors.

EGCC4284
1st Apr 2010, 19:56
Jimbo

You misunderstand.

Sky provide aircraft here for the summer. For TOM, thats one in Dublin and one in Belfast.

As I read above, for TCX, one in LGW and one in GLA.

So if no Sky, where's the airframes and pilots coming from

jimbo canuck
3rd Apr 2010, 18:54
EGCC, I do understand. I was simply pointing out that the Skyservice fleet is all leased. I know there will be a gap in the UK market because they won't be supplying aircraft this summer. Seven Skyservice aircraft are currently sitting at YYZ doing nothing.
Jimbo

OliWW
3rd Apr 2010, 19:08
C-FLEU, C-FOBH, C-FLOX all belong to Thomson... when will they be returned... is C-GTBB included in this?

Tflyer
3rd Apr 2010, 19:10
The SSV aircraft that were planned to be based in DUB/BFS for S10 are Thomson Airways aircraft that are "C" reg due to complications converting Canadian Flight Deck onto "G" reg (I am lead to beleive anyway).

The company are currently exploring other options of aircraft to be based in Ireland this Summer.

michaelflynn61
4th Apr 2010, 11:28
As far as I know C-GTBB does belong to Thomson.

clipstone1
5th Apr 2010, 19:27
I confirm C-GTBB is an aircraft leased from Thomson and has been on a year round basis like C-FLOX (which in summer 09 was operated by SSV for Arkefly another TUI airline)

all of the Thomson aircraft will be "back home" very soon. the issue for TOM is now as much "who will fly the aircraft" as can they get hold of some to fly for them in 4 weeks time.....

SCANDIC
7th Apr 2010, 12:35
Whats going to happen to the skyservice 757's that they owned themselves :ok: will someone else maybe snap them up, i think that Monarch were maybe getting a couple of 757's from somewhere.

Mr A Tis
7th Apr 2010, 14:54
I would expect they would go to Jazz Canada, who Thomas Cook Canada has contracted to do their IT flights from Winter 10 in place of SSV. It has been reported that Jazz are to obtain B757s.