PDA

View Full Version : Qantas / Jetstar rate among the worst

JohnMcGhie
31st Mar 2010, 07:42
Choice airline consumer survey | Australians name worst airline (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/worst-airline-australians-make-their-choice-20100331-rehy.html)

Ouch!

I guess this is what happens when you have exhausted people struggling with old, tired equipment and inadequate management.

Some work to do to come back from here...

Jed Clampett
31st Mar 2010, 08:38
Why are they at the bottom? The arrogance says it all!

"We're not putting too much credence in it," said Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway. "Choice...are one voice in consumerland.

Absolute Tossers!!

blueloo
31st Mar 2010, 08:49
That quote was exactly what I thought was the problem too.

That bloke needs a big wake up call.

gobbledock
31st Mar 2010, 08:56
As much as I don't disagree with Choice on this issue, I am getting so bored with these JQ threads now.......

psycho joe
31st Mar 2010, 09:12
I'm getting bored of people who are bored with Qantas / JQ threads.

My two favourite QANTAS travelling experiences:

1. A few years ago now my ticket provider put the wrong date on my ticket for a QANTAS flight (My contract at the time included a ticket home). The flight no, name, day etc were correct but the numeral date was not. No problem, was told to go to the service desk for an easy fixup. The "woman" behind the counter proceeded to give me a screaming
(and I do mean screaming) tirade about how i was trying to defraud the good people of QANTAS, and should subsequently go straight to jail after a brief pass through the bowels of hell. All delivered at such volume so as to not only stop a whole terminal full of people, but to also raise the interest of the passing Federal lads. Fortunately for me i'd just come off a contract job flying Feds so i came up trumps.:D

2. As a QLink paxing crew i've been refused a meal service because a Flight Attandant had a bug in her a:mad:se about such lowly souls being allowed to occupy a business class seat. Just remember you're not QANTAS. You're QANTAS......LINK

stubby jumbo
31st Mar 2010, 09:27
oh what a surprise !:eek:

For those of you think this is just crap. The true test = book a flight with JQ to Bali or Phuket.

Then post on here your unbiased opinion of the "experience".

I will not bore you again of my war story, needless to say ....JQ were ABYSMAL :yuk:
( naturally- I had a very open mind before the "experience"):oh:

Fatguyinalittlecoat
31st Mar 2010, 11:14
oh what a surprise !

For those of you think this is just crap. The true test = book a flight with JQ to Bali or Phuket.

Then post on here your unbiased opinion of the "experience".

I will not bore you again of my war story, needless to say ....JQ were ABYSMAL
( naturally- I had a very open mind before the "experience")
Today 09:12

Seconded. Not that it matters. It's supposed to be S#$t.

AN1944
31st Mar 2010, 12:17
B767 Hawian No Complaints Jq Could Learn Alotfrom Them On This Route

Wonderworld
31st Mar 2010, 12:21
Wow. I wonder what QF flight attendants think of JQ flight attendants paxing in J on international flights with higher upgrade categories than QF staff :eek:

dodgybrothers
1st Apr 2010, 04:40
Wow. Depends on wether their on leisure or duty. If both on leisure then it wouldnt happen and same if they were on duty. wow indeed.

teresa green
1st Apr 2010, 07:05
Is it because Im old and doddery, but have had no problems with JQ at all. Yes we flew Star Class, but on staff travel, cabin manager a little darling, nothing to much trouble, the aircraft was clean, ditto the toilets, we took off on time, arrived on time, good comunication from the flight deck, they served a pleasant meal, and had a good entainment system that actually worked. Am I lucky to have been on the only successful flight ever offered or am I in the whinging section.

blacksmoke
1st Apr 2010, 08:45
Must admit, my recent JQ flights have all been very good as well. Just came back from NZ, and they were excellent across the tasman. Much better than my internal air nz flights!!! Now thats a different story. Will never fly air (scare) nz again. As far as QF goes, its been awhile since I have had the pleasure, so can't comment.

GuywitaBeer
1st Apr 2010, 09:57
I took a JQ flight to HNL last year and to be honest for the $600 it cost me I couldn't have been happier... They got me there alive and with a minimum of fuss and the cabin crew were happy to help when I needed something.

Wonderworld
1st Apr 2010, 13:38
Wow. Depends on wether their on leisure or duty. If both on leisure then it wouldnt happen and same if they were on duty. wow indeed.

Thats were you are very wrong dodgybrothers. I'm lucky enough to work where I get to see the full categories of all staff. The paxing JQ FA's get a higher upgrade category than current QF staff when they are on duty travel. That sucks big time imho!

tarmac12
1st Apr 2010, 16:32
Just landed this morning on QF10. It wasn't anything they did wrong it was just they didn't do anything good. As soon as the evening meal was done the ice cream came out and that was it. Didn't see a CC for 4 hours. No water no juice, nothing. Was the same on the way to UK. On SIN LHR leg we didn't see anyone for almost 5 hours. It was LHR Qantas crew (english) but still it wasn't anything close to the service I've had from other carriers.

Oh and on the way to the UK we had to get boarding passes re issued in Singapore which consisted of us lining up for an hour for something which should have taken no longer than five minutes.

I wanted it to be good because we had booked especially to help out our local guys. You know, "buy Aussie" and all that. But it just didn't impress. Funny because I will always pay a bit extra to fly Qantas domestic becuase I think its great. How can the level of service between the two be so far apart?

honeycoated
1st Apr 2010, 23:19
I have to say service from QF domestic crew is generally better than QF international.

Any comments there?

ampclamp
3rd Apr 2010, 07:37
Disagree.My experience with international crew has been excellent everytime have flown in the last few years.Dom has been fine also.It aint a perfect world and people have good and bad days.

With casa moving to allow 1 fa per 50 pax I can see pax satisfaction improving when qf leap to adopt it!!!
not!!!

ditzyboy
4th Apr 2010, 00:25
The paxing JQ FA's get a higher upgrade category than current QF staff when they are on duty travel. That sucks big time imho!

Wonderworld, it is the same as QF FAs on duty travel. At least it has been each time I have seen it.

RENURPP
4th Apr 2010, 01:25
Never had a bad issue with Jetstar and the only 2 brand strategy that has ever worked in the world.

I remember paying huge fares to OOL and MCY with Ansett and Australian - and now I can get there for less than the cab fare to the airport.

It's a greyhound in the sky - expect nothing and you won't be disappointed, that said the crews have been nothing but courteous and delightful.

I guess I am a Jetstar fan and quite right, Choice is but one voice however not to be disregarded to quickly.

Jetstar are affordable, slick and usually early to arrive and depart!

Thanks Jetstar!

it must be a different Jetstar to the one I have used, only by necessity. ( they have unfortunately replaced all Qf international flights exDarwin)

NT news had anarticle on the dissatisfaction with Jetstar and the real hope that AirAsia will, as suggested, start operating into Darwin.

I have no probs with LCC, but continually changing their schedule, after you have booked and then never running on time will hurt in the long term. Competition is the best solution for poor service. CHOICE.

I will post the article when I get back home on Wednesday if this thread is still active.

ROH111
4th Apr 2010, 02:06
Charlie Fly Away...

"Jetstar... slick and usually early to arrive and depart!"

Funny. Never seen them beat Qantas for on time performance..!

Doosh

ROH111
4th Apr 2010, 08:46
Hi all the best,

I was mearly stating my experience that they have not beaten Qantas...

Fan of the onestar? and work for Qantas? Or do you mean.. the "group" and like to claim working for the parent..?

ziiing.