PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for the certificate to come??

Tarmach
22nd Aug 2001, 12:03
Out of interest how long does it take from having the initial class 1 medical at Gatwick to having the certificate delivered by post?? Ive heard its something like 10 days. Although on the CAA's website it says 2 working days? How long is it on average??

Thanks in anticipation,
Tarmach.

hold the nose and trim
22nd Aug 2001, 13:22
When I sat the medical it was on the Monday and I got the Certificate through the post on the Saturday ( 5 days), I had phoned them up during the week to find out if I had passed and everything was fine and they were able to tell me yes i had!!!!!!!!!!!! Quite good of them as at the medical you do not get told much!!!!!!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Aug 2001, 13:38
If it takes more than a few days they're probably referring you to a Mortician!!

DON'T worry...

helimutt
22nd Aug 2001, 17:22
my experience was a SIX!! week wait, with numerous phone calls in-between times to complain, and then it arrived without an apology.!!
Sometimes the CAA aren't as efficient as they like to think they are.
Mind you, it only cost £387 so what more can you expect??!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Funkie
22nd Aug 2001, 22:11
Tarmach,

I have recently gone through and passed my Class1 Med.

As it was the initial, I was told that it would take upto ten working days to process the info, if it took longer I should call.

With that in mind, and the fact that they £400.00 of my money not to mention the cost of the flight from bonnie Scotland, I was on the dog and bone 2 day later, just enquiring, but making sure that they knew I would be reminding them. I got mine on the 8th day.

Don't worry, if there were anything seriously wrong, they would have said.

My advise, keep phoning.

Good luck,

Fra
:D :D :D

RW-1
24th Aug 2001, 23:03
I think that is dependant on how excited it is ...

Chris2
27th Aug 2001, 01:43
How long in advance does one need to book the medical ?

Cheers
Chris2