PDA

View Full Version : Confined Area Landing Practice

anotherthing
30th Mar 2010, 15:54
Was out on the South Downs way today, doing a bit of training for a 62 mile walk in aid of The Gurkha Welfare Trust and Oxfam ( Anderson's Amateurs is fundraising for Oxfam - JustGiving (http://www.justgiving.com/62miles) If I'm allowed to do that?!) when I saw what I am sure was a Griffen - had the correct colour scheme flying what looked like an approach to the NE of Winchester Hill, in the vicinity of Whitewool Farm (GR SU649 211).

Never seen that sort of profile being flown in that area before - is this used a confined area practice? I know we used to have local agreements with farmers when I was in the FAA.

Was about 1004(ish!) today, Tuesday 30th. Was good to see, though I was about 5 minutes late from getting on the path down to the farm as I was just coming off Winchester Hill :ok:

WASALOADIE
30th Mar 2010, 20:04
There were no Griffin's (note spelling) flying in that part of the country today. More than likely a Squirrell from MW.

Diablo Rouge
30th Mar 2010, 20:10
....or a Police helicopter which shares the same colour scheme.

Faithless
1st Apr 2010, 06:38
Quote:
There were no Griffin's (note spelling) flying in that part of the country today. More than likely a Squirrell from MW.
There were no Squirrell's flying in that part of the country today. More than likely a Squirrel (note spelling) from MW.

Ooooo Handbags at dawn....:E

;) But very good K F.

GANNET FAN
1st Apr 2010, 08:12
Actually there were no SquirrelS flying......

P6 Driver
1st Apr 2010, 08:20
Lovely to see the spelling police on patrol.

Mind how you go...