PDA

View Full Version : Bristow offshore contracts

charlieDontSurf
30th Mar 2010, 12:23
Bristow Group wins new contract in Brazil and North Sea (Scandinavian Oil-Gas Magazine) (http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/by_province/americans_onshore/latin_america/bristow-group-wins-new-contract-in-brazil-and-nort.shtml):ok:

Bristow Group wins new contract in Brazil and North Sea

Published Mar 24, 2010Bristow Group Inc., a leading provider of helicopter services to the offshore energy industry, has won four contracts for work in Brazil and the U.K. North Sea totaling in excess of $275 million over their initial five-year terms.
William E. Chiles, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "These four international contracts will place two of our large and two of our medium new-technology aircraft under long-term contracts with key customers. We are particularly pleased with the work in Brazil, a part of the world we have been targeting for growth."
Lider Aviacao Holding S.A., a Brazilian affiliate in which Bristow owns a 42.5% interest, was awarded three new incremental five-year contracts by Petrobras for three large helicopters commencing on or before June 30, 2010. Lider will utilize its new S-92 aircraft and lease two S-92 aircraft from Bristow.

sox6
26th Oct 2010, 19:07
Bristow Secures £Multi-Million North Sea Contract With IAC (http://www.industrytoday.co.uk/aerospace/bristow-secures-multi-million-north-sea-contract-with-iac/2311)

Bristow Helicopters Ltd has secured a £multi-million five year deal with the Integrated Aviation Consortium (IAC) in the UK North Sea. The IAC comprises six major oil companies: BP, CNR International, Fairfield Energy, Petrofac, Shell and TAQA. The contract was renewed for a five year term with the option to extend for an additional five years.

The agreement sees Bristow appointed as lead management contractor to provide helicopter services from Scatsta Airport in the Shetland Islands to the East and West Shetland Basins. As part of the contract, Bristow is also responsible for airport management and fixed wing services.

Mike Imlach, Bristow's Director of European Operations said: "The IAC contract is the largest held by Bristow's European Business Unit and one of the company's largest global agreements. Securing a major client such as this for a further five years is a major coup for Bristow and testament to the quality of service that we provide.

"The provision of an integrated package, which offers a single point of contact for helicopter, fixed wing and airport management services, has proved to be attractive and beneficial to operators. Bristow plans to further build on initiatives such as these as part of its ongoing growth strategy and dedication to providing a quality and reliable service."

As part of the agreement Bristow will fly approximately 6,500 hours annually, via 400 helicopter flights per month, and the operation will move more than 100,000 passengers per year.

Eastern Airways has partnered with Bristow to provide fixed wing flights on behalf of the IAC.

Richard Lake, Eastern Airways managing director, said: "We are very pleased to have been awarded this important contract for the IAC. We have developed an excellent partnership with Bristow Helicopters and the IAC since stepping in to support the operation in December 2008. This confirms Eastern Airways' position as the leading fixed-wing supplier to the European offshore industry."

Serco Defence, Science and Nuclear will continue to work with Bristow to provide facilities at Scatsta Airport for the consortium. Andrew White, Chief Executive of Serco's Defence, Science and Nuclear business, commented: "This is a fantastic opportunity for us to further demonstrate our full range of regulated aviation services. We are looking forward to working alongside BHL to ensure the provision of safe, timely and cost-effective airport services for the oil company consortium. As the incumbent provider at Scatsta Airport, this achievement pays testament to the fact that we are never complacent about our commitment to safely providing quality aviation services, always looking for new and innovative ways of improving our offering."

Bristow has been a key player in the IAC, providing services since 1994. In addition, six new technology S92 aircraft have been introduced into the operation since 2006.

Congratulations to Bristow.

Earl of Rochester
26th Oct 2010, 20:29
Wind of Change for Bristow

October 22, 2010

http://www.aviationnews.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Bristow-AW139-G-XXX.jpg

Bristow Helicopters Ltd (Bristow) has announced its entry into the renewable energy market with the launch of a new range of flexible services.

The move makes Bristow the first global helicopter operator to offer a dedicated service to the international offshore wind farm sector.

The global aviation company has developed a number of unique commercial packages for supplying helicopter access services to meet the varying needs of wind farm operators all over the world. These include sole use, consortium and pay as you use.

Scott Butler, Bristow's European Commercial Manager said: "Bristow was the first helicopter operator to be active in the North Sea oil and gas sector and has provided aviation support to the industry for more than 40 years. We are now looking to build on that reputation by being one of the first to service the offshore wind industry.

"We have used our extensive expertise to develop a safe, flexible and cost effective method of helicopter access. We are also working closely with wind turbine manufacturers and wind farm operators to ensure helicopter access is considered when designing and operating turbines and substations.

"Entering the offshore wind sector is part of our ongoing growth strategy and in years to come will undoubtedly prove to be as vital as the oil and gas market."

Bristow provides wind farm operators with personnel transfer (crew change and winch to work), freight transportation, aerial observations, rescue operations and winch to work training.

The winching process is extremely safe and controlled with personnel being lowered from just 10ft above the turbine nacelle platform. Delivering the engineers directly onto the platform saves a slow and difficult climb from a vessel up the turbine tower, and there is no loss of man hours due to sea sickness.

Scott continues: "It's not just people who we can transport by helicopter, the underslinging of up to three tonnes of freight is also well within our capabilities and likely to feature as a major component in our overall scope of works."

The helicopter looks set to become the mainstay mode of people transfer, mirroring its position as the tried and tested lifeline of the offshore oil and gas industry. In an average year several hundred thousand people are transferred by helicopter to offshore oil and gas installations in the UK North Sea.

The EU renewables target is to source 20% of Europe's energy from renewable sources by 2020. Offshore wind energy is expected to provide a large share of renewable electricity, generated by wind turbines.

A Round 3 wind farm can have as many as 1,500 turbines with each turbine requiring between five and 10 visits per annum, that equates to approximately 20 - 40 visits to the wind farm field per day.

Founded in 1953, Bristow Helicopters Ltd has numerous bases around the world. The company has 3500 employees and boasts a varied fleet of approximately 600 aircraft.

Earl of Rochester
1st Dec 2010, 04:37
$375M credit facility for Bristow

http://www.helihub.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/aw139-bristow3-150x150.jpg

1st Dec 2010

Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) announced today that it has entered into a $375 million senior secured credit facility, replacing the Company’s existing bank credit facilities and providing funds to redeem a portion of Bristow’s senior notes.

The new credit facility includes a five-year, $175 million revolving credit facility and a five-year, $200 million term loan. The term loan will be used to redeem the Company’s $230 million, 6 1/8% senior notes due 2013 on December 23, 2010. The revolving credit facility, which represents a $75 million increase in corporate liquidity, increases strategic and financial flexibility and will be used for general corporate purposes, including working capital. It is anticipated that the Company also will draw on the new $175 million revolver to fund the remaining portion of the redemption of the 6 1/8% senior notes.

“We are committed to lowering our cost of capital and improving our financial performance in order to create superior value for all our stakeholders. This new credit facility is just one step toward achieving that goal,” said William E. Chiles, Bristow’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We expect this new facility to support our strategic and growth initiatives going forward, while improving overall liquidity.”

roundwego
2nd Dec 2010, 11:18
To whom has the Britannia support work gone?

hands_on123
2nd Dec 2010, 12:41
How does one "loose" a contract?

nbl
2nd Dec 2010, 13:30
TV,
Why have the union's hands been tied?
Poor performance and seviceability you say is the reason - why is that commercial's fault?

Special 25
2nd Dec 2010, 14:50
Sad to lose the Britannia. Together with the Alba, Bristow have held those contracts for years and always had an excellent working relationship from a Pilot / Platform point of view. Its a shame the business relationship hasn't been so good - There have been rumblings of this for a while.

helimutt
2nd Dec 2010, 15:18
Who has won the contract?

Would TUPE apply?

I bet those facing redundancy are wondering why Bristow agreed to employ all those CHC pilots at Humberside.

well TUPE was applied in the Humberside case, and if i'm not mistaken, that was back in september, and, they needed pilots to service that contract when they were going to be short of pilots, so, unless Bristows have the ability to read the future? hmmm.
Also, a number of captains from Norwich are still working out of Humberside.

I have trouble believing that a/ the unions haven't had any input, and b/ bristow won't have looked at other possibilities. Maybe the people being made redundant don't wish to re-locate?

More to this than is being said here I think.

Toroidal Vortex, with 3 posts only, can I ask where you got your information? is it public knowledge? just interested to know thats all.

David Eyre
3rd Dec 2010, 05:25
Adding to Bristow's contract losses, it has been anounced that Bristow just lost the Woodside contract to CHC:
CHC clinches largest helicopter services contract in Australian history (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/12/02/350077/chc-clinches-largest-helicopter-services-contract-in-australian.html)

Bristow held that contract since the early 1980s.

CHC's new contract with Woodside is the largest helicopter services contract in Australian history.

Regards,
David

Nigel Osborn
3rd Dec 2010, 06:38
Bristow's didn't, Lloyds won it in 1994.:O

David Eyre
3rd Dec 2010, 06:49
Apologies - Bristows did have the contract from the 1980s, but I wasn't aware that Lloyd Helicopters won it in 1994.

Bristows won it back again after Lloyd - does anyone know when?

Regards,
David

Nigel Osborn
3rd Dec 2010, 09:10
I think it was a 3 year contract, maybe 4 with S76A++:confused:

industry insider
3rd Dec 2010, 09:31
Bristow won it back in 1997 from Lloyd using 332Ls

roundwego
3rd Dec 2010, 17:52
Back to the North Sea Britannia contract - does anyone actually know who has the contract or is Toroidal Vortex just flying a kite?

Scotsheli
3rd Dec 2010, 18:26
13 pilots? Unless Britannia need 2 dedicated helicopters something aint right here.

Special 25
4th Dec 2010, 05:57
I think initially they were talking about 8 pilots. The 332 fleet has been downscaling for a while. Loss of the Britannia contract seems to have upped the figure to 13 pilots which I guess mathmatically makes sense.

Even still, there aren't many quiet 332 pilots at the moment so not sure where all this 'lack of work' is.

abzheli
7th Dec 2010, 10:52
Getting to the thread, does anyone know who has won the contract.

Zaphod1
16th Dec 2010, 08:15
Bond helicopters

ScotiaQ
16th Dec 2010, 09:24
Actually it is Bond Offshore Helicopters.:=

Sq

chcoffshore
16th Dec 2010, 10:53
And Bond won a CHC SNS contract aswell with AW139's/N3.:ouch:

chcoffshore
16th Dec 2010, 12:35
Yes............:ouch::eek:

Jetboxer
17th Dec 2010, 17:14
Good to hear Bond Offshore are still on the up!

A streamlined Uk Owned company - with none of the unnecessary Canadian / American bull:mad:

Bristows do their song and dance spouting Target Zero, and their Code of Business Integrity.

Target Zero : Zero integrity.
COBI : My :mad:

Bond still have a great reputation of not letting people go in hard times (even without a union), and have no trouble crewing contracts in good times.

If you work for Bristow, any business unit, it's unfortunate that you work for a company that hires and fires at will!

Bristows (It's Imlach who is the mouthpiece this time, it will be different henchman the next time around), and his Canadian competitors could learn a thing or two from the Bond Team.

Leaky Valve
17th Dec 2010, 19:10
Jetboxer, I agree entirely with your sentiments regarding COBI and Target Zero. This man, who some might say demonstrates a conceited arrogance, has blown the definition of 'Integrity' to smithereens.

"Houston, we have a problem!"

ericferret
18th Dec 2010, 12:13
Love the bit about Bonds reputation for not letting people go Jetboxer.
My memory is slightly different.

Having gone on shift I was asked to drive to Conningsby to deal with a 365 and collect the pilot (Tony Peebles).

The aircraft had diverted due to thick fog. Visibilty was about 25 yards and it took over 3 hours to get there and the same to drop Tony off at home and for me to get home at around 1am. As the aircraft was required for revenue I got about 3 hours sleep then got back into my car and reversed the process.

The aircraft eventually got away and I got back to work at about midday.

Walking into the hangar I was sent to the chief engineers office where he and the group chief engineer were waiting for me. I was given immediate notice with no warning and was offered a 1000 pounds provided I signed a document within one hour after which point the 1000 was withdrawn.

To add the the fun they also kicked me out of the pension scheme and very kindly returned my contributions to me while putting their contributions back into there own pocket.
Being flat broke and out of work those four years worth of contributions were soon eaten up putting food on the table and heat into the house in what was a winter worse that the current experience.

About a week after being made redundant I was in the local supermarket with my wife. As we enterred one of the isles who comes into the same from the other end pushing a trolley full of groceries but one of the Bond brothers. On seeing me he abandoned his trolley and ran and I mean ran out of the supermarket. Cowardly piece of sh*t.
We had been in our new home about 10 months having moved up with our two young daughters because I had a "secure job" with a reputable company. Now I was out of work with no other jobs within driving distance.

Would be nice to think this was a one off but look what happened to the crop spraying guys who worked their guts out for the old man David Bond. They worked seven days a week during the spray season often away from home for weeks at a time with little in the way of overtime or expenses only David Bonds promise that when the company was successful they would be looked after. By "86 there were only a couple of the old hands left and sadly David Bond was long dead. The minute the Hillers were gone so were they. So much for promises.

I was up in Aberdeen on course without any transport and was attempting to walk round the airfield to my digs in a monsoon. A Bristow avionics engineer pulled over and offered me a lift. His story goes more or less like this. He was offered a job by Bond sold his
house and moved his familly up from Gatwick. One week after starting work he was given his notice. High and dry in Aberdeen with a young familly and a mortgage. Luckily for him within a short period Bristow took him on.

To come to more recent times I know of one ex Bond engineer who Bond tried to recruit for their southern operation. His response was that they could wait till hell froze over and he still wouldn't work for them.

I suppose to be fair Bond now is not the same as Bond then, but there are plenty of us around with long and bad memories of the Bonds. At the end of the day they are only after money and the workforce are an expendable and expensive commodity.

Leaky Valve
20th Dec 2010, 14:31
Why does the Bristow website state that "Aberdeen flight schedules are currently unavailable"? What is it that the company don't want their clients to see? Not enough pilots to do the job; well, there's a thing!!

Rumour has it that Norwich is next for the Imlach treatment! No doubt other bases are on the list too. Having thrown COBI and Target Zero out of the window, exposing those ideals as a complete sham, the Americans must now decide if the short term gains are worth the long term losses.

Imlach is possibly about to destroy what is, at the moment, a great company. I hope that his (severe lack of) leadership skills come back to haunt him.

TroyTempest
21st Dec 2010, 00:23
Someone tells me that there were only 3 332 pilots available at the weekend and 13 225 pilots to cover a backlog of 4 days. More pilots were obviously available, but some 332 pilots have been told by accountants that they're surplus to requirement, and no one else volunteered to fly on their day off.
Wonder why?

Leaky Valve
21st Dec 2010, 15:21
I'm glad I got out of it when I did! Good luck, guys!!

heli1
22nd Dec 2010, 11:09
So what wil Bond use on the new contract......one EC225 or AS332L2 and when does it kick off ?

ScotiaQ
22nd Dec 2010, 13:36
The Contracts start from 1st. May 2011.

The Brittania contract will be with AS 332L2 and the Perenco contract will use 2 x AW 139 helicopters.

squib66
22nd Dec 2010, 14:41
As Britannia is half owned by COP it is no great surprise they have moved the business to their North Sea helicopter provider. Will pick up an ex BP L2.

Adding the AW139 to the Bond fleet will further stretch the small Bond organisation.

highvoltage
23rd Dec 2010, 13:05
Bristow website state that "Aberdeen flight schedules are currently unavailable"?
This is a disgrace and loads of oil rig workers now know about this forum and have been reading the various posts .Bristow's must be getting fed up with oil rig workers wife's ect asking why the site is down for Aberdeen .

Jetboxer
23rd Dec 2010, 14:55
Highvoltage - I suggest calling the Bristow swtchboard and asking for Mike Imlach. He may be able to give you some answers as to why Bristow are not capable of putting on extra flights to get you guys back for christmas following the disruption.

Toroidial Vortex - You are right in the fact that Bristow is not what it used to be. That, in my view, is down to mismanagement.

Have you worked for another offshore company? If so, you should have the bigger picture.

The feedback I get is that we provide a better and more popular service to our passengers.

The service provided by the pilots and engineers of CHC, Bristow and Bond Offshore in the North Sea is of the same high standard.

To go even further, when speaking to offshore workers and talking about the helicopter operations, the two incidents that occurred in the Spring of 2008 are at the forefront of their minds.

In my mind, these incidents (especially in the case of the latter incident) should not be associated to Bond, but to the North Sea operators as a whole. Procedures have changed for all 3 companies since. Modifications have been instated in helicopters across the 3 companies since. All three companies are now safer.

Both incidents could have happened to any of the three companies.

The reality is that the passengers still associate the incidents to Bond Offshore. (Unfairly in my view)

That is why I find your quote about your feedback a little naive.

The feedback I get is that we provide a better and more popular service to our passengers.

The reason Bond Offshore are winning contracts is due to a more competitive, straightforward approach to bidding for contracts.... not because of the feedback from the clients passengers.

And I'll say it again. It's great to see Bond Offshore bouncing back.

Wizzard
23rd Dec 2010, 19:35
two incidents that occurred in the Spring of 2008

2009 actually, and there's still no sign of the final report on the first one - why? Could it be a little embarrassing?

cyclic
23rd Dec 2010, 19:48
Why would the AAIB delay a report if it was embarrassing? Grow up - reports from the AAIB often take two years to be published. Probably just as embarrassing as G-JSAR or do the Bristow Gods on this forum have a selective memory!

Jetboxer
24th Dec 2010, 02:35
At the risk of going off thread. (this should be about Bristow contracts.....or lack of)

Wizzard - Yes I'm sure it is a little embarrassing.

The interim report says it all. A perfectly serviceable aircraft (apart from the AVAD) was flown into the water. Pilot Error.

Luckily everyone survived.

The Captain being Ex-Navy, Ex-Bristow, Ex-Chief pilot with CHC, and finally a Captain with Bond Offshore.

He could have been flying a helicopter for any of the North Sea companies at the time. It happened to be red.

Special 25
24th Dec 2010, 05:53
No, not quite right.

The Red White and Blue companies fly their 225's like a 225 - Accident probably wouldn't have happened.

The Red company fly their 225's like a 332L2 and take out all the automatic protection systems before finals because they choose to be cheap and duel-rate pilots on 2 different aircraft at the same time.

Still that's how you gain contracts and win over clients guess so who am I to criticise these business decisions??

Horror box
24th Dec 2010, 07:26
It is very sad if Bristow are not able to inform their pax of what is going on and not able to get extra flights going to pick up the backlog in order to get everyone home for christmas. This is a sure sign of an unhappy workforce in my opinion. I saw that there were quite a few Norwegian CHC Helikopter Service aircraft coming over to the UK sector, taking pax in from UK rigs, then heading back to Norway, as well as having a huge program of their own this week culminating in a massive operation on thursday to ensure as many people get back as possible. You can see their program available on the heliport site and it is an impressive effort. Of course it helps that the pilots are paid good overtime and have a secure job environment, and that really is the difference.:D

TipCap
24th Dec 2010, 09:41
Sadly HB, I think you have a fair point there.

Without being disloyal, certainly BHL doesnt seem to be the Company I flew for, for over 40 years :{

Happy Christmas guys :ok:

TC

Scotsheli
24th Dec 2010, 16:17
Horror box - I was told Bristow suspended their website because the clients were chopping and changing their programmes so much earlier in the week that the information ceased to be meaningful.

I'm also informed that Bristow caught up their programme by Thursday night and so everyone was indeed home for Christmas - so you're being a bit alarmist there. Yes, some flights were moved between the operators, but I think thats normal when everyone is catching up - the oil co's take whatever flights they can get pretty much regardless of the operator.

Oh and yes, I do know what else is going on.

Scots.

Epiphany
24th Dec 2010, 17:55
Those Bristow 332 pilots facing redundancy might be interested in the Zenon ad for 332 pilots 6:6 in Asia. See the usual website for further info.

Just noticed that Aser has already posted details on the jobs forum.

Special 25
24th Dec 2010, 19:28
"Yes, some flights were moved between the operators, but I think thats normal when everyone is catching up"

That's right, and Bristow did quite a few Bond and Scotia flights. Or did they ???

Nope, in fact they gave away pot loads of cash to their competitors at Ad-Hoc rates while there were still had aircraft in the hangers and pilots sitting at home at risk of redundancy. But we got our contract work done at the correct Return on Capital Employed, so a big thumbs up there !!

Scotsheli
25th Dec 2010, 15:45
Special 25 - which operator did the most flights during the 225 / L2 grounding last year and the ash this year?

I'm merely saying that there's always someone with more capacity than someone else and that the oil co's go where ever they can get a flight when the chips are down. I'm sure BHL had a pile of ad-hoc requests from CHC & Bond clients last week too.

Scots.

TroyTempest
25th Dec 2010, 17:27
Good grief, isn't it obvious? The new Bristow boss in Aberdeen was so quick to fire half of his 332 pilots that Bristow were not even able to complete their own flying programme, let alone do ad hoc flights!

Leaky Valve
4th Feb 2011, 08:44
Industrial relations are apparently getting frosty in Aberdeen now. After Mr MI declared categorically that the cuts in Aberdeen were not related to bonuses, he allegedly gets just short of a six figure 'thank you', Mr RB and Mr Bill C get a very nice sack full of shares. They then have to take on contract pilots, reinstate a number of pilots because there is a shortage, and those that were required to go 'immediately' to the IBU/WASBU, etc., are apparently in some cases not required until the summer. It could be creative accounting at it's best. Unbelievable!!

Does Bill C REALLY now what is happening to the company that he was so keen to see be the best in the World? Are the EBU management REALLY telling him the whole truth about what is happening? Why not come over and speak to the workers at the coal face before there are none left! At least there will be an abundance of HR/Admin staff to sort out YOUR pension arrangements.

212man
4th Feb 2011, 09:44
Is short-term profit motives and management bonus culture killing Bristow?

Reminiscent of Steve Palfreman's remit in 2003:

Wind up the final salary pension scheme - £103,000 Bonus
Transfer the SAR units to FBH - £103,000 Bonus
Close down Tech Services in Redhill - £103,000 Bonus

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Leaky Valve
4th Feb 2011, 11:51
That must make the offshore workforce feel so much better, knowing that one of the main reasons some were delayed over the Christmas/New Year period would appear to be greed on the part of senior management.

However, don't take your frustrations out on the pilot/engineer workforce; they are renowned for trying to get the job done safely and professionally, whatever the company, but senior management will occasionally want to undermine that ethos for their own personal gain!

C.C.C.
4th Feb 2011, 17:37
I'm sure CCC will be reimbursed by Bristow for his expensive weekends in Norway.
and
I believe Scatsta pilots get £9 a day for going to Norway

Average price for a pint of Lager - Aberdeen/Lerwick £2.80, Stavangar £7.00.

:hmm:

Epiphany
4th Feb 2011, 17:39
It might be too much to ask but have you tried not drinking for 2 whole days?

C.C.C.
4th Feb 2011, 17:51
The pint of lager prices was purely to highlight the difference in costs between United Kingdom and Norway. I actually do not normally drink lager!

I could also have posted average price of a can of Coca-Cola - United Kingdom £0.80, Norway £2.00.

Scotsheli
4th Feb 2011, 19:06
"Reminiscent of Steve Palfreman's remit in 2003"

212MAN dear chap - Palfreman was gone in 1999 if my memory serves...

Scots

finalchecksplease
4th Feb 2011, 21:07
212man I think you mean Chanter not?

In the end it doesn't matter who it was the only thing important is to realise they (management) have a totally different agenda than the people working for them unlike what they want you to believe.

212man
5th Feb 2011, 01:16
I stand corrected - thanks. He was obviously a memorable chap! Of course, he didn't do his dirty work himself - he hired that nice Mr Blake to come in and spend a year or two working with the workforce to try and save the pension scheme. It was, after all, in jeopardy because of market forces and the management really wanted to save it if possible!

Normal Person
13th Mar 2011, 20:26
RWW recently retired in Redhill two weeks after a pay off of engineers on the shop floor. There was a collection to mark his retirement but no similar collection for the engineers who immediately preceeded him. For what its worth, some of RWW's own men did not contribute or attend.

Savoia
19th Apr 2011, 20:02
Apr 19, 2011

STAVANGER, Norway – Statoil has awarded Bristow Norway a NOK 1 billion ($183 million) contract for offshore helicopter services from Stavanger. The North Sea fields involved include Sleipner, Draupner, Volve, and Glitne.

The contract duration is for five years, coupled with the possibility of three one-year options. Planned start-up is in March 2013. Two Sikorsky S92 helicopters will be dedicated to the contract.

Statoil has contracts with Bristow Norway and CHC Norway for helicopter services on the Norwegian continental shelf. Helicopter types S92s and Eurocopter EC225s are used for such flights from six helicopter bases on the Norwegian coast – from Hammerfest in the north to Stavanger in the south.

Statoil contracts Bristow helicopter service - Offshore (http://www.offshore-mag.com/index/article-display/2033687295/articles/offshore/company-news/north-sea-northwest-europe-2/2011/April/statoil-contracts.html)