PDA

View Full Version : LPC on Manx registered aircraft

Crosswind Limits
29th Mar 2010, 21:45
Might be doing a little bit of freelancing on a type where my LPC has lapsed a couple of years. Just found out the type is now on the Manx register but TRE is JAA approved on type.

My questions are:

1. Can I do my JAA LPC on a Manx reg'd aircraft?

2. Do I need to sort out any formalities apart from the usual with the TRE?

Thanks!:ok:

Global Warrior
29th Mar 2010, 22:45
Hi

Manx is a validation...... so the licence you are getting the validation on needs to be current. If thats a JAA licence, yes you can do the LPC on the aircraft to make your JAA licence current and then apply for the validation, which is aircraft specific so get the operator to write to the manx authorities requesting a validation for you on their aircraft.

GW:ok:

EMB170
30th Mar 2010, 05:51
As your LPC has lapsed you have to renew your licence(rating) in your issuing country first and then the IOM will validate it ! they will not be able to validate an expired rating. So in my opinion you have to get your rating renewed first ( not on Manx aircraft) and then get the validation.
The easiest way to find out is to call the IOM authorithy they are very friendly and helpfull. Been flying on the Manx register just for over a year and everything runs very smooth so far.
good luck

Global Warrior
30th Mar 2010, 07:28
You can do the "ride" on an M Reg aircraft to validate your JAA Licence, then apply to IOM for the validation. :ok:

macjet
30th Mar 2010, 09:33
you can only do the ride on the "M" if your TRE has a valid M license/validation

Global Warrior
30th Mar 2010, 09:56
you can only do the ride on the "M" if your TRE has a valid M license/validation

Yep Correct. Ta

GW

BillieBob
3rd Apr 2010, 05:47
Neither the JAA nor the UK CAA place any restriction on the state of registration of an aircraft used for an LPC, nor on the country in which it is completed. The only requirement is that the examiner is authorised by a JAA member state and is qualified to act as pilot in command on the aircraft and in the airspace.

DfT permission is indeed needed to conduct aerial work of any sort in a foreign (i.e. non-G) registered aircraft in UK airspace.