PDA

View Full Version : A small annoyance

frostbite
29th Mar 2010, 21:37
Don't know if there's any cure for this, but when I click on the speaker icon in the taskbar (XP) it takes a full 15 seconds for the volume control to pop up.

Since I normally have the sound muted it can be a bit of a pain because I've usually started whatever it is I want to listen to.

tony draper
29th Mar 2010, 22:23
Takes about half a second for it to appear on mine Mr F,must be summat wrong with your kit.
:uhoh:

douglas.lindsay
29th Mar 2010, 22:25
yes, mine too... does it take as long for something to appear if you double-click it?

Big_Johnno
30th Mar 2010, 10:12
Have you tried doing it a different way? Instead of muting the volume simply turn down the volume knob on your speakers and turn them up when you want to hear the sounds.

Do you have any problems with other programs running slow or taking a long while to start-up? It maybe that your computer needs to have windows reinstalled as they tend to slow down after about a year just from accumulated crap.

John

frostbite
30th Mar 2010, 11:44
Everything else seems to run as expected - IIRC this volume thing has always been the same.

I can double-click it of course, but that brings up the entire audio selection panel, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

frostbite
30th Mar 2010, 16:39
Windows driver with Dell onboard sound.