PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair SOPs

irishpilot1990
29th Mar 2010, 19:49
Starting type soon, was wondering if anyone has any link or documents that would be useful to have a read of prior to starting...
Wondering is there anything more along the lines of notes/summaries to look at over next few days..Not sure i have the time for FCOM (like 1200 pages) and another large SOP document which i already have!

student88
29th Mar 2010, 22:59
I know it's nice to get ahead of the game from time to time but isn't the training course designed to teach you what you need to know?

It is possible to over prepare sometimes.

Good luck with the course.

EGCC4284
31st Mar 2010, 13:14
student88

You done a type rating yet?

No such thing as over prep

It won't be spoon fed to you when you turn up on day 1

Being ahead of the game helps

IrishJetdriver
2nd Apr 2010, 23:25
The Bill Bulfer 737NG specific to Ryanair is a good purchase. It's not the SOP's but covers the aircraft very well and you'll probably find it useful for the tech side of things. The SOP's will be hammered in with a large mallet during your practice on the "cardboard bomber", the IPT training and of course the SIM. Once you know who your sim buddy is, ensure you work together at every opportunity on the SOP's because the SIM is only to practice what you already learned.

Work hard and enjoy yourself. Good luck.

hollingworthp
3rd Apr 2010, 07:34
Would definitely recommend as much preparation as you can get under your belt.

Get comfortable with the callouts / checklists as you don't want to be spending an hour getting the sim started up and to the threshold.