PDA

View Full Version : Tanzanian / Botswana CPL

takeoffpowerset
29th Mar 2010, 13:27
hey guys , just wondering if I can convert my Indian CPL to a Tanzanian or Botswanian CPL , I wrote to both the civil aviation authorities , but sadly no reply from them. Can anyone guide me ??

lilflyboy262
29th Mar 2010, 15:27
No idea about the Tanzanian Licence.
But Botswanan involves sitting a CAA Botswana Air Law test, 5 hours flying in Botswana, and a flight test, basically equivilent to a PPL flight test. A few other little paperwork issues and thats all.

Csanad007
30th Mar 2010, 07:25
And don't forget that you need to have a contract with one of the local companies, as - for some unknown reason - you will not be able to convert your license on your own.
Except PPL...

Quest 236
30th Mar 2010, 08:06
Hi Takeoffpwrset

Well,its true that you can convert your current CPL licence to Tanzanian CPL.The procedure is very simple.First you will need to sit for a conversion Exam,which has pretty much simple questions.80 of them if I may say.This question bank will include a bit of Aircraft technical,Meteorology and human performance which the Authority assumes that you know from your original State of your Initial training.Thereafter,if you do have a job with one of the Charter Companies will be allowed to do and Instrument Test.Furthermore,a verification Letter from where you hold your Licence will be required to verify that your Licences is legit.Bit of a turmoil to go through.Gudluck...Hope thats helpful..................................:ok:;)

takeoffpowerset
30th Mar 2010, 17:11
@ quest236/ lilflyboy262 thanks a lot mates , that info was quite helpful. I guess the first step is to identify a potential employer ,which is almost like climbing the mt. everest :ugh:, I thought of getting the license converted and then knocking on ppls door but i guess now have to come up with something else.. you anybody hiring a low time guys with 450tt and 200 turbine....
thanks

lilflyboy262
31st Mar 2010, 06:31
You don't have enough total time for the turbine to matter yet in Botswana. You need 1000tt to get onto the Caravans. Although you only need 400tt for Airvans.
You will get work, just not at the moment as the hiring season is finished until august/october