PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class 1 Medical Taken Abroad (Colour Purposes!)

flugpants
2nd Apr 2001, 16:04
There was a thread on here last week about some guys having their medical at a Dutch centre because of the way they test colour vision. I was dead interested in this, and need to find out how sucesful people have been over there - as I have applied to take my class 1 there as i have a problem with pastel colours and get screwed over by the Ishi tests.

Anyone know where the thread went - or can give me any feedback???

Most gratefull !!!

jlms
2nd Apr 2001, 16:12
Have you tried running a search?

jlms

grob103
4th Apr 2001, 01:55
I looked into this in November/December last year, and came across a JAR regulation the gist of which was that you must get your initial class 1 done in the country in which the majority of your training occurs.

As I understand it (and I'd love to be proved wrong), this rules out getting a Dutch certificate, and then training in the UK.

If you want to know more, I can probably dig out the relevant sections from www.jaa.nl (http://www.jaa.nl)

grob103

JP5A
6th Apr 2001, 15:28
Flugpants
There has been extensive discussions on colour deffects and the poss.of obtaining a Dutch class one.If you go back over the past 6 to 9 months on this forum you will find it.From what I recall the Holmes Wright is the same but nearer which helps.I also recall that the medical is valid over here but the CAA are informed of results.
Anyway,check back.The info.could even be on this thread.
Good Luck