PDA

View Full Version : Right click problem

sitigeltfel
29th Mar 2010, 10:11
When I try to right click on an item or link in my browser (I use Firefox) it just does not happen in the majority of cases. I have to resort to highlighting, cutting and pasting. Also something strange happens at the top of the screen, an empty space of about 3mm opens up between the title line and the menu bar.

The system is Win with SP3 and I believe everything is up to date.

Any clues?

Thanks.

frostbite
29th Mar 2010, 11:46
Just a thought - do you also right-click elsewhere?

If it doesn't work, then it's probably the mouse.

sitigeltfel
29th Mar 2010, 16:17
Yes, it works OK in other applications. Only when browsing does it play up.

sitigeltfel
29th Mar 2010, 17:29
Well done SoCal App, that seems to have done the trick. :ok:

The Yahoo toolbar was the problem. I have uninstalled it, as I do not need it, and the problem disappeared.

Many thanks.

green granite
29th Mar 2010, 17:33
There are quite a few downloads that automatically install things like the Yahoo tool-bar, you need to look at all the boxes on the download page and un-tick anything that you don't want installed.

sitigeltfel
29th Mar 2010, 18:55
There are quite a few downloads that automatically install things like the Yahoo tool-barYes, I have to hold my hands up and say that I must have let one of those slip by me. Must be more vigilant in the future. Lesson learned.

Keef
29th Mar 2010, 21:12
Yahoo toolbar can be removed. There's a Google search bar, too. I've been "offered" that a few times and rejected it. I've got a Google icon on the Firefox toolbar and use that when I need it.

Be very careful of things that install McAfee when you aren't watching. That takes serious effort to remove again.

And once you have AOL, the only way out is to wipe and start again. I spent an afternoon last week with my clerical boss trying to remove AOL from a laptop. We thought we'd won, and lo! It was back - in a folder where we'd deleted it an hour or so before.

Mind you, McAfee was on there too - provided by AOL.