PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight tests

Biggles01
31st Mar 2001, 14:29
does anyone know if the CAA med dept allow more then 2.00 diopters diffrence between the eyes, for there class 1 med.. iam currently 3 and the only way out seems to be lazer surgery ,, but i dont really want to go down that road ,,, has anyone passed the class 1 with eyesight outside the CAA regulations??

ravenx
2nd Apr 2001, 01:53
no they won't . I approached them having had PRK on one eye. It left me as -0.25 and -2.8. They said that because the difference between the two was more than 2.00 dipotres I would only be allowed the class 1 if the other eye were closer - the only thing I could do was have prk on the other one. Then they decided half way through the 12 month post op period that I couldn't have a class1 because they had now brought JAR in. I wrote lots and lots of leteers and badgered them until they let me have it. Basically if the treatment is successful there is nothing to worry about - and that is the attitude of the ophthalmologist

long final
2nd Apr 2001, 21:25
I think there must be plenty of people out here wondering how many class I medical eye issues have 'bent' the rules. Im just outside the +/-2.00 initial for astigmatism. It would be very encouraging to hear from anyone who has beaten the system - and how!
Regards
LF

BAB2B
3rd Apr 2001, 22:43
Further to that:

Any experiences with peripheral vision problems would be MUCH appreciated...

Ta