PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card booking help

tcr2
29th Mar 2010, 03:58
Can you please help settle an argument!
I seem to recall (or did I dream it?) that when making a credit card booking for a flight, the 'owner' of said credit card must be part of the group the booking is made for? Am I right or wrong?

Thanks for your replies!:ok:

SassyPilotsWife
29th Mar 2010, 06:02
I think that is a No. I have used my husband's CC for my travel as well as using my CC for my children's travel ( different last name due to 2nd marriage)

Anansis
29th Mar 2010, 07:37
It depends on the terms and conditions of the airline. For some it's no problem. Others insist on the credit card holder being one of those travelling. If not, then they reserve the right to collect a guarantee payment or to deny you boarding. This is supposed to be to prevent fraud, although since they have your passport details, I can't see how this would be much help...

Beagle-eye
29th Mar 2010, 10:47
I regularly (1-2 times per year) book flights for my Mum and Aunt to travel to/from the States. I use my own CC and I do not travel with them. No problems or questions to date .....

B-E

man friday
29th Mar 2010, 11:27
Booked flights on Easy jet, BA, Monarch and air berlin for un accompanied family members on my CC.

Never had a problem

OFSO
29th Mar 2010, 11:30
For Ryanair, no. I make maybe 20 bookings a year for my wife, don't travel myself.....always works. Have also done friends' bookings on my card. No problem.....

Anansis
29th Mar 2010, 12:28
Examples of airlines which do require credit card owners to be one of the travellers include Qatar Airways, Emirates, Air Asia and Jetstar. Seems it's more of an Asian thing.

tcr2
30th Mar 2010, 00:08
Thanks for the information.
This particular flight is with Qantas LHR - SIN - PER. Parents are flying, booked by my sister with her card. Didn't want them getting any problems at LHR with a long flight ahead!

PAXboy
30th Mar 2010, 02:42
AnansisThis is supposed to be to prevent fraud, although since they have your passport details, I can't see how this would be much help...I suppose it depends on which agency has cloned your passport.

Sorry, it's late, I'll log myself out. :ouch:

All Ahead Full
30th Mar 2010, 08:00
although certain airlines, BA for one, say you must bring you CC to the airport, in all my years of travelling mainly with BA, I've never been asked to produce it.

AAF

Anansis
30th Mar 2010, 13:16
I suppose it depends on which agency has cloned your passport.

Sadly, a very valid point. But don't worry- as soon as ID cards become compulsary the problem will be solved :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A2QFI
6th Apr 2010, 17:36
ID cards never will become compulsory, at least in terms of having to carry one. The whole idea will be dropped, whoever wins the elction next month, as they are seen to be a useless and expensive waste of time and money; the reason given will be "Financial prudence"!