PDA

View Full Version : CTC cadet for the future

MAT4134
28th Mar 2010, 19:59
Hi everybody

Not sure if this has already been brought up but i did a search and found nothing

I am a prospective pilot who is still about 4 years away from applying for the various tranning courses ect and i just wanted to know what are the best ways in your opinion of preparing myself so that i am the best candidate possible!

I currently do a bit of sim flying on my PC in microsoft flight sim 04 but that is it

many thanks everybody

mat4134

Piltdown Man
28th Mar 2010, 23:54
Turn your computer off. Study hard at Maths, English, Physics, a modern language etc. and go to university. Get a useful degree (not bloody Media Studies or crap like that). Join a sports club, join a team, get fit and play hard. After you have been awarded a good degree you'll be able to answer your question by yourself.

PM

flyhelico
29th Mar 2010, 09:02
this job is over, there are no more professional pilots, only P2F pilot.
it's a job you do for 1 year or two when they call you, just to get some hours, then you are unemployed again.

go in the bank, make plenty of money, buy a plane and have fun the week end!

MAT4134
29th Mar 2010, 14:59
Hi again everybody

Thanks for all your input it has really helped me decide where to go in the industry and also what sort of things i can do before i get to the stage in life where i start all my piloting interviews, training ect.

Hopefully the careers situation will improve in the next couple of years, i have a friend who is in the industry (but he got there by funding himself and other jobs) and he tells me all about the poor treatment of pilots that is going on at the moment.

Just to add on looking away from things such as school and grades what sort of things are very important because i was thinking of trying to improve my reaction time's. Also in your opinion what looks better for a prospective pilot a full PPL or just a couple of hours in the log book gained from birthday trial flights ect.?

Many thanks for all the support

mat4134 :ok: