PDA

View Full Version : LASIK in the UK

BigTimeWannabe
6th May 2001, 14:52
Hi, I've read a few threads regarding LASIK, many of them seem to be US based. Any Brit's out there had it done? And where did you get it done.
I was looking at the Boots website and they offered LASIK. Their website was very professional compared to others, but you'd expect that from a firm like Boots. Anyone had their Lasik done by Boots?
Finally could anyone suggest the best LASIK practices in the UK?

Thanks

BTW

Stratocaster
7th May 2001, 00:21
From what I've been (unofficially) told, LASIK has serious long-term side effects that might screw up your night vision in just a few years time.

I don't know if it's true or if it's exceptional, but that's not a reason for not being careful.

JetAgeHobo
7th May 2001, 20:27
There was a good article in the U.S. "Flying" magazine about 3 or 4 months back on Lasik. The night vision problems apparently happen if your pupils dialate more than 8mm when in darkness. According to one website, depending on the Lasik "machine" it can compensate for this and help reduce night vision problems. I remain skeptical.

Lewis
7th May 2001, 22:50
Try this!
http://www.avweb.com/articles/lasik2/

eject
10th May 2001, 04:13
Underwent lasik 3 yrs ago. Now 6/6 and 6/7 uncorrected and 6/5/6/5 corrected (slight astigmatism). No night/low light problems. No glare. No problems in aircon (like I had with the soft contacts), no problem with dust of grit (ever get any of that in your eye whilst wearing contacts?)
Take the utmost care in choice of surgeon. Don't try to cut corners. Skill is an issue.

ChuckYeager
13th May 2001, 04:39
Underwent lasik one year ago to correct a myopia to the left eye, and I've absolutely no regret about it. My diurnal and nocturnal vision has never been better, and no halo effect or other complicacies.
I just hope JAA guys will change their rules about R.S. Mah.

Tigereye
15th May 2001, 12:50
Had laser surgery about seven years ago. Both eyes are now 20/20.
Highly recommend it.
Go to the most experienced surgeon http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/vroom.gif

[This message has been edited by Tigereye (edited 15 May 2001).]

15th May 2001, 14:30
airlines accept LASIK or not?
thanks