PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Type Rating Course 2010

pepp196
25th Mar 2010, 21:57
Hello!
I have just been called by Brookfield Aviation and they confirmed that I have passed Ryanair assessment and will be starting Ryanair Type Rating Training on the 28th June in East Midlands. Anyone else got the same news and starting on the same or similar dates? If so, we have set up a new Facebook group called Ryanair Type Rating Course East Midlands 28th June 2010. Please feel free to request to join. Will be great to get to know each other before we start. So, looking forward to see you there! Take care and All the Best!
Joseph

lucair84
26th Mar 2010, 02:15
I'm starting on the 14th at EMA. Anyone else? Cheers

jkd_01
26th Mar 2010, 08:22
i have my intro on the 14th of june and then start tr on the 28th of june :)
what are you guys doing for accommodation?

lucair84
26th Mar 2010, 11:31
Starting intro as well on the 14th then 24th. Looking for apartment to rent. Anyone could give me any advise?
L

thophil
26th Mar 2010, 16:10
Hi guys, I'm now starting the Introduction course on the 14th June at EMA, and the Type Rating on the 28th June. Anyone else doing this why don't you join the group on Facebook "Ryanair Type Rating Course East Midlands 14th June 2010". It'd be good to get to know some people before the course kicks off...

r1flyguy35
26th Mar 2010, 16:36
So if I understand correctly, you paid for your assessment, Which is a rip off for a start and now over paying for your type rating to possibly not get a job at the end of it :eek:

Cold you not have gone a better route than ryanair?

Not meaning this disrespectfully to you, but are you not working for nothing with Mr O'Fleasing :ugh:

Good luck, I hope you get better jobs elsewhere at the end of it

irishpilot1990
26th Mar 2010, 18:15
yes r1flyguy35..congrats on your ability to read...if you name another airline taking on over 200 cadets this year please advise us....oh wait there isnt...

go write a post worth posting elsewhere...

Mr Angry from Purley
26th Mar 2010, 19:19
lucair 84 / JKD
How long is the course?
Normal apartment rental in the UK is 6 months so you might struggle to find a short term let
The local villages are Castle Donington, Kegworth, maybe Loughborough as plenty to rent their due University and on the bus route.
The Travel Lodge at Moto Services Junction 23A of the M1 (a mile from EMA) does rooms for £19 a night if you secure early:\

lucair84
26th Mar 2010, 23:52
That sound good, thank you very much for your help. The course will be approx 10 weeks i guess...

Tuga41
14th Apr 2010, 18:32
Hi guys,

I'm going to start in EMA on the 5th July and the TR on the 19th July in Amsterdam. Anyone else??
Cheers

ROI1900D
14th Apr 2010, 22:14
Hello guys,
May I ask you what is your experience?
Where will you your sim sessions?
Thanks for the info

paidworker
14th Apr 2010, 23:11
Congratulations on making it this far toward the RHS:ok: Hopefully in the medium to long term your decisions will prove wise.

woofly31
15th Apr 2010, 19:30
Hi guys. Just a couple of questions. How long was it from application to an interview call by Cae. Did you get a choice of which location for the TR. And can anyone confirm it being true that you no longer have to pay the Tax on the TR costs?

Cheers:ok:

Berc
16th Apr 2010, 09:54
Hi
Just wondering if you have any details on accommodation near the CAE centre for TR course?

Thanks

Berc

White_Eagle
17th Apr 2010, 08:10
Hi guys. Just a couple of questions. How long was it from application to an interview call by Cae. Did you get a choice of which location for the TR. And can anyone confirm it being true that you no longer have to pay the Tax on the TR costs?

Cheers:ok:

Anybody? :rolleyes:

aslan1982
17th Apr 2010, 09:16
its completely random about the time from applying to that phone call so you cant really use it as a basis of when u might get the call

You do get a choice of type rating location

And no you dont pay vat on the type rating cost

It costs 27500 euros

White_Eagle
17th Apr 2010, 12:32
Thank you mate! :ok:

ford cortina
17th Apr 2010, 19:36
No axe to grind with Ryanair here,
but.....And no you dont pay vat on the type rating cost

It costs 27500 euros

ARE you really sure, I don't mean being told by a agency or training provider. I mean in WRITING form The TAX MAN.... its might save a hefty fine or prison later in life.:eek:

The tax man has a nasty habit of biting you if you are not 110% honest to him.:suspect:

Just some advise on a cold Saturday night, waiting for the ash to clear:=
Best of luck:ok:

767200ER
18th Apr 2010, 15:11
I can confirm that you do not have to pay vat on the type rating, thats why its 27500K rather than thirty something thousand. Sorted out between you and brookfield when they offer you a place.

ford cortina
18th Apr 2010, 15:31
But not the tax man and you.... I would tread very carefully

Localiser
18th Apr 2010, 18:24
I've stayed at Ladygate Guest House (http://www.ladygate.copperstream.co.uk/) quite a bit and it's clean and quiet. It's in Diseworth, a couple of miles from EMA.

Likewise, the travel lodge is £19 provided you book at least 21 days in advanced. I think the Holiday Inn Express may do some sort of crew rate too; worth asking.

Good luck.

IrishJetdriver
18th Apr 2010, 23:54
The Thistle on the airport has great crew rates. I think £37 including breakfast, parking and internet & it's a short walk to the training centre. Give them a call. You may need to show them an FR ID but you get that on your 1st week so you can show it by the time you have to pay the bill. Give them a call. See what they say.

ford cortina
19th Apr 2010, 16:49
Just to make CRYSTAL CLEAR here, remember to print off this thread, SO when the TAX MAN asks, and he will ask be sure of that, you can say" But according to this thread on PPrune and Aslan1982 and 767200ER, you do not have to pay VAT on your training costs". That should do.

OR you can check with the TAX Authorities yourselves just in case.

But of course you know sooooooooo much better than a experienced jet jockey, or a a bloody good accountant or anybody else involved in this industry and might just might know blah blah blah blah blah blah etc....

Hope you like prison food, kiddies:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

767200ER
19th Apr 2010, 17:30
This thread is for a very specific reason, if it doesn't apply to you, don't waste your own time, your 2 penny bit is just that. Keep it to yourself. Nobody here needed your oppinion when they started training, about which school to go to or how to pay or how to fly, we've all gotten as far as we have of our own judgement and hey, we're still alive. If i've got my command on a 737 NG by my 25th birthday, i'm not going to stop and think... jhee, i really need some advice on life... let me go and ask the boys and girls on pprune.

Nobody cares, not even a little bit. :)

aslan1982
20th Apr 2010, 00:20
The Tax regulations have changed in the Netherlands

As long as you have a vat number, which you will have because you set up a company

you do not need to pay the 19% VAT

Previously you paid it and then claimed it back

So either way you dont pay VAT

Amended to remove Txt spek - atb

HWB

ford cortina
20th Apr 2010, 08:43
So that's okay then:ugh:

Mikehotel152
20th Apr 2010, 09:18
Please explain your concerns Mr Cortina. I'm not having a go; just interested in hearing your reasoning.

ford cortina
20th Apr 2010, 11:36
Nice question Mike,

Okay I have no issues or affiliation with Ryanair, Brookfield or their accountants, neither any countries Tax men.

My concern is simply this, I am old enough to be most of the posters dad, :eek:, having lived in the real world for a long time, being self employed for many years before coming in to aviation, I have seen what the tax man can do.
To me it seems crazy that anyone would risk everything they have strived hard for to save a few thousand Euros.
It makes perfect common sense to check everything with the tax man and to get it in writing. If people feel that a posting on Pprune is going to save them, then they are mistaken.

I have no idea about the VAT status of Type Ratings, but I could have a good guess, why should Ryanair cadets be any different than anyone else?

Just trying to help, while waiting for the ash to scatter. :suspect:.
I will not bother again.:=

pilotcop
20th Apr 2010, 12:41
I think that the advice given by Ford Cortina is sound and should be listened to. Tax law is complex enough when dealing with your home country, but combining it with income from Ireland, pensions, VAT returns, etc it gets extremly complicated. I doubt there are many people on here who can honestly state that they fully understand the tax system.

The advice I was given, and that which I will give to anyone in a similar position, is to seek as much assistance from the professionals as possible, be it financial advice, tax advice in both Ireland and the UK (or wherever you are from) and start looking to the future. I personally don't want to be in a postion in several years time where the tax man starts looking back at my history and decides that I owe money I simply havn't got! There is a very fine line between tax planning and tax evasion, and I do not wish to cross it. Prudent planning is the way forward, and if you are armed with all the information then you (hopefully) won't get a shock in a few years time.

Good luck with the type rating folks

767200ER
20th Apr 2010, 15:22
Where are guys staying when they have the week in east midlands? i have the choice of either starting on the 12th July (TR at east midlands) or the 5th July (TR in amsterdam)
I'd rather start sooner but just wondering where the best place to stay will be?

:)

on the brakes
20th Apr 2010, 15:45
Congrats to those who have been admitted to the TQ ! As for me , I recently gained my CPL/ME/IR , and started off doing my MCC course last thursday .
Regarding RYR selection phases : what to expect in terms of theoretical knowledge ? Anyone some exampl questions of interviews or written tests ?
Hoping to join all of u at RYR some day ...

thanks ,

o-t-b

fade to grey
22nd Apr 2010, 15:15
Thats the very reason I don't allow loved ones on ryanair, because people like you become captains with very low experience.

If you all pass the TR well done, but 27500 euros is a tad steep.I wonder how much of that is profiteering from your shiney jet fixation.

Airbusfreak
24th Apr 2010, 15:01
ford cortina no tax you should go away and look up the laws before you sprout rubbish about tax men here?
a. i guarantee you dont know what country the tax people used to pay even goes through.
b. i guarantee you dont even know what country ryanair pilots pay tax in.

on another note that guy up there who says i hope ye get better jobs at end of it, im sorry you failed the ryanair assessment to all the other guys WELL DONE.. :)

767200ER
24th Apr 2010, 20:06
Fade to Grey

Like i said, if this thread does not apply to you p*ss off, if your loved ones don't fly ryanair, i don't care, i'm still going to fly their aeroplanes, safely, efficiently, and you know nothing about my flying skill so you cannot and therefore should not comment on it. If ANYONE could join the company, EVERYONE would. Take the assesment, i bet you fail, on the grounds that you would be hopeless in a multi crew environment, because you are judge mental and have preconcieved ideas about people that are completely unfounded. YOU sir, would be a risk to flight safety.

ei-flyer
24th Apr 2010, 20:34
767200ER,

Well said sir.

fade to grey,

I'm sure your remarks would differ had you been onboard a certain blue and yellow 737 that wandered a tad close to a few birds near a certain Italian city.

Skyhigh86
24th Apr 2010, 20:38
Like i said, if this thread does not apply to you p*ss off, if your loved ones don't fly ryanair, i don't care, i'm still going to fly their aeroplanes, safely, efficiently, and you know nothing about my flying skill so you cannot and therefore should not comment on it. If ANYONE could join the company, EVERYONE would. Take the assesment, i bet you fail, on the grounds that you would be hopeless in a multi crew environment, because you are judge mental and have preconcieved ideas about people that are completely unfounded. YOU sir, would be a risk to flight safety.

Calm down son, if you getting this stressed about someone who you dont even know then i would love to see ya a couple of weeks into the TR!

ford cortina
25th Apr 2010, 09:07
Airbusfreak,
ford cortina no tax you should go away and look up the laws before you sprout rubbish about tax men here?
a. i guarantee you dont know what country the tax people used to pay even goes through.
b. i guarantee you dont even know what country ryanair pilots pay tax in.In answer to both your questions, No I have no idea. If you had bothered to read what I had written, you would see that I did not comment on any one tax system, I generalised what Tax men are like. They do not change in any country of the world, they all can squeeze blood from a stone.

Good luck with your TR at Ryanair, you will find the 737-800 is vastly different to a Airbus, maybe you should change your profile name sonny.

As informed by 767200ER I will P@@soff, as you all know so much more than me.
One thing though boys, could you please let us know when you will be flying, and what routes etc, so we can avoid you. Thanks in advance:E

FANS
25th Apr 2010, 11:33
767 - congratulations on earning over £100k by your early twenties to pay for all of this training, with that track record you'll be a skipper within a few years.

Those in RYR (who sometimes read this thread..) will look forward to welcoming you, given how well you come across in these threads There aren't many in each course so i'm sure you'll be easy to spot

irishpilot1990
26th Apr 2010, 23:26
@airbus freak...You really dont have a clue what your talking about!! :=

irishpilot1990
28th Apr 2010, 23:34
fort cortina.... You will find the fort cortina is vastly different from the airbus and even the boeing..... maybe you should change your profile name SON-Y:ok:!!!

And I would be more worried why you feel the need to avoid ryanair routes?!Are you suggesting ryr are unsafe again? back that up with facts!

frank booth
29th Apr 2010, 09:29
Neither narrow minded or short sighted, merely a reference to a web site that was listed in the times travel supplement. It really is quite amusing. Not as funny as calling a Ford cortina a fort though....

fade to grey
29th Apr 2010, 13:24
Did I comment on your flying skills ? No I commented on your lack of experience and no money can buy that

I hope you grow up before you get this command and realise where you are at is nothing special and your inate cockiness will not endear you to the captains

and if you think flying skills are the be all and end all for commands it shows how much you have to learn - you're not in cessna land now .

767200ER
29th Apr 2010, 17:26
Where am i supposed to get experience unless i join an airline and fly? DON'T tell me to join an air taxi company or parachute drop or crop dusting, because they need more hours than i have. The only other way is to hire an aeroplane and build hours.... or is that bad because i'm p2f again? :rolleyes: honestly.

MIKECR
29th Apr 2010, 17:51
767, slightly off topic, but to be fair, there are the likes of para dropping opportunities etc here in the UK if people look hard enough. I recently arranged para flying for a low hours PPL guy, and also tee'd up someone else(fATPl low hours) with some glider towing. Admittedly neither pays any money, but it certainly puts hours and experience in the logbbok.

fade to grey
29th Apr 2010, 19:20
i would take the ryanair assessment mate, but it's right on my list after tescos and morrisons. You are obviously out of your depth here but suffice to say I have been operating in a " multi
crew environment "for the past 13 years .Actually operating that is not reading an atpl text book.

I wish you luck, but you need to mature, quickly.

go around flaps15
29th Apr 2010, 21:54
I payed for my type rating. Never looked back. Ryanair is a good place to be for me. And I dont regret joining.

Perhaps a little bit of respect for people that actually do partake in everyday jobs like working in Morrisons and Tescos, someone has to do these jobs.

You encourage maturity? Lead by example then with a mature statement.

There is a real world out there beyond LNAV and HDG SELECT.

767200ER
30th Apr 2010, 18:05
Hi skyward, will also be starting on the 12th at EME, PM me and we can get a facebook group going :)

fly786
30th Apr 2010, 18:18
Hi I was just wondering how long it takes to get a reply if you pass or fail the assessment. Who calls you, I was called up by CAE, are they the ones who will contact you good or bad news?

Thanks for any info:ok:

on the brakes
30th Apr 2010, 23:34
fly786 ,

Can you give me some info on the assessment at RYR ? Obviously you succeeded . Congrats !

Thanks ,

otb

Txt Spek removed
a.t.b.
HWB

Halfwayback
1st May 2010, 10:07
This thread is about those going to train with Ryan air.

It is not a thread for RYR bashing nor for flaming individuals who post here- they have just as much right to post as anyone.

If you can't 'play the ball' but want to 'play the player' then your posts will be deleted.

HWB

Torque Tonight
1st May 2010, 10:42
Oh dear God! Here it goes again.

HWB, perhaps it's time for a Ryanair Hamsterwheel thread where all the hot-headed, misinformed, bullsh1t flame-wars can go. Unfortunately, you can't ask a simple question or have a rational discussion about RYR on pprune without it descending into anarchy. Normally it's the same old trolls, with the same old chips on their shoulders repeating the same old factually incorrect, 5th-hand rumours.

The truth is that the RYR pilots I know are generally very content and it would be useful to be able to have sensible discussions on here by filtering out the dross.

Mindthegap
2nd May 2010, 17:34
Anybody thinking of getting a quick command, think again.
From 15th of july- if you´re not on a command course you will need 5000 hours for command. It is something to do with insurance requirement, i.e. they are getting it cheaper with more experienced crews.
the times of 25 year old capt´s are over.

jasonjdr
3rd May 2010, 08:11
MindTheGap...............whats your source??? :confused:

Talking to the base TRE a couple of days ago re command and nothing about 5,000hrs! :eek: Only thing potentially slowing the number upgrades down will be the lack of further a/c orders. Which would effect those for upgrade around 2012.

767200ER
3rd May 2010, 13:26
From 15th of july- if you´re not on a command course you will need 5000 hours for command. It is something to do with insurance requirement, i.e. they are getting it cheaper with more experienced crews.
the times of 25 year old capt´s are over.

Lets say i'm lucky and fly 900 hours every year, it will take me 5.5 years to get command. or "5000hours" i'll still be 25 :)

767200ER
3rd May 2010, 13:55
Here's a facebook Group for those starting on the 12th of July:

Due To Stalkers :E: Inbox me for Direct Link

zerotohero
3rd May 2010, 19:43
No mention of 5000hours here either, I think thats just a made up statement, for the insurance companies to care there would have had to have been incidents / accidents involving low hour captains, and thankfully there is not a lot of that going on. :ok:

Keep up the good work chaps.

Torque Tonight
3rd May 2010, 20:32
A few days ago I had a curry with four Line Training Captains who had just attended the LTC's conference at STN earlier that day. Pretty good curry it was too. Despite specifically discussing prospects for command upgrade in the next couple of years there was no mention of any 5000 hrs requirement. Funny that. You'd think that maybe something like that would be mentioned to the LTCs at such an event.

Truth is that prospects for command will stagnate somewhat after the remaining aircraft orders have been delivered, and upgrades will come from attrition rather than expansion. However, I think this 5000hr claim is most likely the sort of misinformation that I was ranting about a few posts back.

Skyhigh86
4th May 2010, 14:20
767200ER
Lets say i'm lucky and fly 900 hours every year, it will take me 5.5 years to get command. or "5000hours" i'll still be 25 http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Do you honestly think you will get 900 hours a year? Judging by some of your posts on pprune and the fact that you've adopted "ryan-air" as your middle name(top tip- dont put links of your facebook on here), along with claims that your already a ryanair pilot despite not even completed a type rating let alone flown any passengers; suggests to me that you have a great deal of growing up to do and this will show from day one at ryanair.

I wish you the best of luck........

Torque tonight; ive heard the "goss" from some LTC's about the conference, strangely enough absolutely nothing of this sort was mentioned!:rolleyes:

767200ER
4th May 2010, 15:14
I'll change what i wrote here, i'm not going to let this thread descend into chaos like every other RYR thread does. If its relevant to you, inbox me and i'll send you a link to the group. So we can discuss things like accomodation and other bits and pieces. Thats what i'm here for.

davide1984
17th May 2010, 18:20
Anyone starting the ground school on the 26th of July and the type rating on 9th August in east Midlands?

citation3
23rd May 2010, 15:41
Hello,

I was wondering if somebody has the CBT for B737 NG?

In PanAm Academy web, it says about the type rating:

"For better learning resuls, this course requires a minimum 80 hours of home study as a prerequisite to beginning the class."

Is it the CBT or is it something else?

Thank you.

Callsign Kilo
27th May 2010, 10:56
I too am unaware of a 5000hr on type CU process. It will likely remain 3000hr, with the 3 command upgrade modules to complete, along with continual assessment of suitability as part of each OPC/LPC and Line Check. It his however very true that commands in Ryanair will undoubtably slow up to a snails crawl in the next two years are so. Attrition rates, retirements and deaths will dictate requirement. I would believe that the preferred method will always be to promote guys internally, however we may see a new sort of grading system introduced in order to ensure that those who enter the CU course will sail through. Cadets joining now should be aware that a lengthy stint in the RHS probably awaits them.

citation3
27th May 2010, 11:01
BartVP they didn`t give you something to study before? Didn`t they say something about 80 hours at home (Computer Based Training)?

I would appreciate if somebody could pass me this knowledge.

gazman21
28th May 2010, 22:58
Hi lads,
anybody looking to rent a room in castle donington during type rating course? Sharing with 2 Ryanair pilots
pm me here