PDA

View Full Version : RTR Validity Now 20yrs & Lifetime

guitarboy
25th Mar 2010, 18:07
AS PER THE WPC WEBSITE THE RTR ISSUED STARTING FROM THE HYDERABAD 2009 ATTEMPT WILL HAVE 2 OPTIONS OF VALIDITY - 20 YRS OR LIFETIME.

Rs. 5k for 20 yrs & 10k for Lifetime (err. uptil you are 80 yrs old)

All previous RTR holders will get this option when they go in for renewal.

Finally a relief. After 1 renewal never going back for that Fu****g exam again!

I think this is only valid for RTR(A)'z.. Ive got RTR(A) so no worries fo me but for the others ....dnnow about the ones who Converted.. i.e The RTR(P)'z..
anybody got an idea?.

jimmygill
25th Mar 2010, 18:41
Rs. 5k for 20 yrs & 10k for Lifetime (err. uptil you are 80 yrs old)
All previous RTR holders will get this option when they go in for renewal.

Finally a relief. After 1 renewal never going back for that Fu****g exam again!
I think this is only valid for RTR(A)'z.. Ive got RTR(A) so no worries fo me but for the others ....dnnow about the ones who Converted.. i.e The RTR(P)'z..
anybody got an idea?

I understand the additional 'relief' is in terms of not having to do more paperwork again. Even as per the earlier policy one never needed to appear for exam again for renewal.

License fee of INR 5k for 20 year and INR 10k uptil age of 80, poses an interesting question which option is cheaper in long term?

captain-planet
25th Mar 2010, 19:24
Goodmorning Boyzzzzzz :}

guitarboy
26th Mar 2010, 01:10
@jimmy.. as far as i know.. we' had to give Part 1 again for RTR Renewal! plus have 30 hours etc.. so that ways relief! Paperwork! Well yeah that too

silent_scream
26th Mar 2010, 01:26
As per the WPC Circular,

Issue of RTR (Conversion) and RTR (Permit) and their renewals shall be for a period of 20 years, or till the validity of FRTOL / CPL which ever is earlier

A smart move indeed. Since no CPL is going to be valid more than 5 years. So the RTR will be up for renewal every 5 years. But the diplomatic clause offers 20 years.

Although a certain relief for RTR (A) holders.

jimmygill
26th Mar 2010, 01:49
@guitarboy

I was under impression we don't have to take the Part 1 exam if we have the required recent experience. In case one didn't have the required recent experience, one must retake the part 1 exam to get the renewal.

Of course its a relief as compared to renewal every 5 year. 20 years validity is way better than the current.

Upto 80 years age is a more generous idea, but should have made it lifetime instead, anyways COP-RTR is a requirement for commercial flight and pilots cannot fly after 65th b'day, one doesn't need COP-RTR for private flying.

What I sincerely hope is that they change the renewal criteria also. And the renewal criteria should be just an application and fee, no experience requirement. Otherwise it can be termed unfair and irresponsible way of licensing.

Consider two applicants A and B, on January 2010 both got the COP-RTR. A paid for 20 years and B for a lifetime. Afterwards A got into an airliner and actively used radio-telephony, while B never got a chance to use radio-telephony for next 20 years.

As expected in January 2030 A will lose his privileges while B will still be having all the privileges of the license he paid for. Person A now needs to renew his license, now to be fair to A there should be no requirements of recent experience for renewal, or any need to appear for any exam.

I wish DGCA comes with such offers, you pay 1000 rs for exam instead of regular 500 rs and your exam will be valid for 5 years instead of 2.5 years.

guitarboy
26th Mar 2010, 04:52
@jimmy - the recent experience at a station i.e. 30 hrs is required just to be eligible for the exam. then we have to give part 1 again to successfully pass the renewal.

So as i have RTR(A), now when i go for renewal, im getting the lifetime rtr for shure cuz i hate wpc and dont ever wanna see em again! ever in my "LIFETIME" lol

But i feel asking for 30 hrs to renew a RTR is asking for too much! ESP in the Current scenario as there are no jobs and CPL'z are piling up!!

@silentscream - hey your forgot to put "silent" at the end of your post! :p := :E

avalanche007
26th Mar 2010, 06:57
@silent stream

well canadian cpl is valid for lifetime
however their new booklet is valid for 5 years

silent_scream
26th Mar 2010, 08:38
@ avalanche007, if the License is valid for Lifetime, but the paper that it is printed on is valid for 5 years, how do we go about proposing to WPC that the license is valid for lifetime when the document in their hand has a expiry date ?

avalanche007
26th Mar 2010, 08:46
so the best thing is if u have the paper licence then u r safe
well in my case i have a paper licence and then a booklet was issued
and i think for most of them till now also paper licence is issued and then the booklet is issued
and ya convincing wpc is great deal
but then one guy got his rtr(p) for 20 years on behalf of his canadian cpl and frtol.

captain-planet
26th Mar 2010, 13:10
@guitarboy

as to what i was told by wpc, i jst have to give the part1 once.. nd den b eligible for renewal evry 3 yrs (ie the 30 hrs that u are talkin abt)
dats all.

CaptDG
28th May 2010, 10:19
i have the new aviation document booklet from TC and that's valid for 5 years. ofcourse i still possess the paper licenses too. would it be possible to apply for the "20yrs" RTR(P) renewal with the paper license itself?
also where can i find the form of application for the same?
help will be much appreciated.
DG

avalanche007
28th May 2010, 10:56
hi
well yes u can apply with anything either the paper cpl or the booklet cpl
u will get for 20 years
and also u can find the forms on wpc site itself
here is the link

rtr form (http://wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/Ann_%201A.doc)

CaptDG
28th May 2010, 16:18
thanks alot. :)

rig73alok
30th May 2010, 12:55
What about those guy who does not hold RTR(A) and hold RTR(P) or RTR(C). Are they eligible for 20yr renewal on the basis of 30 hours flying or not or they need to appear again in RTR part 1 exam after 3 years ???

avalanche007
30th May 2010, 13:20
well i can comment on rtr(p)
if u have it then u r eligible for renewal for 20 yrs
u need not give any exams for it
its again a direct renewal

RterO
31st May 2010, 03:07
so what is the procedure for renewal of rtr(p) to 20years. do i have to sit for an exam or is it direct? please help me out.

thank you

avalanche007
31st May 2010, 04:58
its direct
just fill up ur forms and apply to wpc

FlyingManutd
31st May 2010, 05:31
The issue of RTR (C) or RTR (P) will be of max of 20 yrs or Till the validity of ur foreign FRTOL/CPL.. validty will depend on which ever is earlier....u just need to fill up the form and will get RTR(P).

If u have CPL for 5 yrs but FRTOL for 20 yrs u wil get RTR(P) on validity of CPL...ie ur RTR(P) will be valid till ur CPL date.But if u have CPL valid for lifetime but FRTOL for 5 yrs u will RTR(P) on valdity of FRTOL.

If u have cleared Part 1 ....ur RTR(C) will have validity till ur FRTOL date.

If u have cleared Both Part 1&2....u have option of 20 yrs or lifetime...and will get RTR(A).

nikhilheb
13th Jul 2010, 12:07
With quite some difficulty, i passed the RTR(A) exam in mumabi in Feb 2010. Applied for the lifetime license sometime in May, but still have no information regarding the status of the application. Has anyone who applied somewhere around the same time received their license? Any information regarding the same would be helpful.

Thanks!

IndAir967
13th Jul 2010, 15:33
Ok guys I need some clarification..

I have an Indian RTR (A) issued in 2008 and is valid upto 2013.

Am currently a deck crew member in the middle east.

Since my RTR Exam I ve logged more than 1500 hours..

Now can I renew my RTR (A) in 2013 directly by showing my log book and

paper work from my airline ? or should I sit in those Stupid Exams again :ugh:

If I am converting my Foreign ALTP to Indian ALTP can I convert it using my

Foreign FRTOL and obtain an Indian FRTOL temporarily god forbid incase

i screw up in my RTR (A) exams.. ?? I am not very sure of this procedure as

I got my Indian RTR and subsequently Indian CPL / FRTOL ..

jimmygill
13th Jul 2010, 18:08
These are three possible ways of getting the Indian RTR

Situation 1. Applicant holds a Common Wealth or Philippines CPL/ATPL with a corresponding FRTOL
Action : NO exams required

Situation 2. Applicant holds a Common Wealth or Philippines FRTOL without corresponding CPL/ATPL
Action : Appear only for Part 1

Situation 3: Any other situation not covered in Situation 1 or 2
Action: Appear for both Part 1 and Part 2

Now can I renew my RTR (A) in 2013 directly by showing my log book and

Yes.

If I am converting my Foreign ALTP to Indian ALTP can I convert it using my
Foreign FRTOL and obtain an Indian FRTOL temporarily god forbid incase
i screw up in my RTR (A) exams.. ??

You don't have to take those exams again.

sierra_november
13th Jul 2010, 18:14
@ nikhilheb

I had applied for my licence in Mumbai in April and it took around 3 weeks for them to issue it , because they had not received the licence booklets from Delhi at that time. Try calling them on 022 28672351.

@ IndAir967

I think point 5 in this file will answer your query
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/copcircular1.jpg

nikhilheb
17th Jul 2010, 10:42
@ SN
Thanks a lot!

nitin 3000
17th Jul 2010, 13:33
Check ur PM

flyerUnlimited
18th Jul 2010, 14:26
I want to enqure through this,some information on my Indian RT.
I got RT from UK in 2007 and got it converted in 2008,thereby got my Indian CPL with FRTOL(valid upto 2013).I want to know that my Indian RT(valid upto Sep,2010),Do I have to appear for Indian RT exam when my FRTOL is valid upto 2013?If yes,then which Part?Part-1 or Part-2 or both?
Please tell me the link where I can get the full information on this.
Please someone help/guide me out of this dilemma.
Thanks!:confused:

Sid78
1st Aug 2010, 20:04
Could someone tell me why the WPC website has not been working for a long long time till now? I have been trying to access the website but of no avail.

Thanks.

avalanche007
2nd Aug 2010, 02:57
well most of the time it doesnt works on weekends and public holidays
i have experienced it too

Sid78
2nd Aug 2010, 03:16
Most unusual. This site hasn't been working since weeks. In fact, google it and WPC doesn't even come up as the first link on it. Seems like it has disappeared into thin air. Maybe the server is down.

CaptDG
5th Aug 2010, 09:48
hello, I have submitted my applications and sent to the WPC. Its been more than a month and half but there still isn't any progress. Does anyone know how long it takes to issue a renewal?

livetokill22
19th Aug 2010, 19:35
Hey
I have a RTR(P), got it converted form my nz cpl, which is valid for life time.
my rtr(p) is gonna expire in 6 months, what do I need to do to renew it??

Sarin
17th Sep 2010, 14:08
Hey,

I have a NZ CPL. I have passed all my Indian exams. Want to get the Indian FRTOL. If someone can please tell me whether I need to give an exam for that or it can be converted straightaway without giving any exam?

Sorry to ask a question instead of answering your question.

avalanche007
17th Sep 2010, 14:31
you have asked regarding indian frtol
well frtol is different from rtr and i suppose you are more interested in rtr

if you have nz cpl along with nz rtr then you can directly get indian rtr-p without any exams

just apply to wpc with the form and all formalities as stated in the form and you will be through

hope that solves your soubt

kalimbaig
19th Sep 2010, 17:36
i am in mauritius. i have sent my renewal app in june (was due in july) but no reply till date abt the renewal.. i am wondering how much time it takes for the renewal

dragstar
2nd Oct 2010, 12:28
I got a Canadian RT Licence in May 2008 and Indian RTR(C) after clearing Part 1 in Sept.'08 which is valid till Sept. 2011.

Do I need to take the Part 1 again to get my RTR(C) valid for 20years?

or as my Canadian RT has lifetime validity I don't need to take Part 1 exam again, just pay the renewal fee and get it valid for 20years?

What is the next step? Kindly advise.

pranit
16th Oct 2012, 09:13
hi guys , i had a rtr p and applied for renwal aftr showing the 30 hr experience.
everything worked but i got my renewed rtr P valid till my foreign licence is valid which is 2019 , i had thought it would b for 20 yrs .... ?
can anybody help me wat wd i need to do to get it for more yrs ... in 2019 my lic wd expire thn wat ?

FlyBoyFloyd
22nd Jul 2013, 19:42
Hey guys!
I have a rather unusual situation. I used to hold a uk rt. After the regulation change, I cleared the transmission part and my Indian RT was valid once more. Now for the fun part. My UK RT lapsed and the Brits refused to renew it due to it not having the language proficiency test (done by a UK examiner ) completed. However, I hold a Canadian RT. now for my question. Do I need a Canadian cpl as well or can I get my Indian rt issued directly, considering I have cleared my transmission already?

naughtyjay
25th Jul 2013, 06:20
You can apply for a NEW RTR C based on your canadian RTR... do not specify that you already hold a RTR C on basis of UK FRTL.

the other option is to visit UK again for your renewal....