PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance Test - Class 1

vansrv6a
3rd May 2001, 11:29
Help... !?!
I am going down to Gatwick for an Initial class 1 and have been told that I have to complete a tolerance test!
The AME I spoke to told me that it is 12 minutes in duration.
Could any one that has successfully completed this please tell how much of the 12 minutes is RUNNING ?
If its all running time then I'm sunk, cos I aint "that" fit !

sam_flying
3rd May 2001, 11:40
Oh please tell me this is not true!!!!! I am going for my medical on tuesday..and there is NO WAY I could run for 12 minutes!

Oh no...what am I going to do....I was worrying enough about it as it was, now I am even worse!

Someone clarify please!!

Sam

VFE
3rd May 2001, 13:04
If there is a tolerance test then it's a new one. I did my initial in August and there was no physical exercise involved whatsoever.
However, I know they make you do a few laps of the car park if you are asthmatic, much to amusement of the visiting pilots!

VFE.

vansrv6a
3rd May 2001, 20:16
Mmmm.... that caught your attention didnt it......
Its ok you can come down from the ceiling now, its not compulsory !
Joking apart I had a Kidney Transplant last year and yep you geussed it, they want me to do a tolerance test... B******S !!!
Nope me neither, I dont think I could run for a full 12 minutes, hence the question!
Sorry for any confusion caused but I had to get your attention some how, didnt I?
Any way back to my question if some fellow aviator could assist I would be most grateful?
Cheers for now, Vansrv6a.