PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical - Woolf Parkinson White

geordieboy
22nd Jun 2001, 17:35
The results of my Class 2 medical ECG revealed I have an ectopic heart beat and a holter monitor subsequently indicated I have Woolf Parkinson White pre-excitation syndrome - otherwise good fitness and health. GP said nothing to worry about carry on life as normal and do everything you ever wanted to do. Wanting to push for a Class 1 certificate but not sure whether I standand any chance of getting a Class 1 certificate with WPW syndrome. Anybody had any similar experiences.

smallfry
22nd Jun 2001, 23:36
Currently you cannot get a class one with WPW. But if you have a Catheter Ablation, with follow ups, you will get your Class one.
This involves two lots of heart surgery, (through your thigh and chest) three months grounding (unfit to fly)and then two years with an OML (as or with) restriction.
Basically, all is not lost. It is a long process, costs quite a bit, but if you want to get the class one, it is the only way.
The CAA will point you in the right direction with regards to approved doctors etc. I hope this helps.