PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Exams

pilotwannabe1
24th Mar 2010, 17:58
Hi,

i have seen websites that say "18,292 jaa atpl exam questions online"
But i read another thread that said the max questions on the exams are up to 72/75.

Which 1 is right?

Aviator2008
24th Mar 2010, 18:38
Both of them???

Each exam may only ask 75 questions, but there will be a greater range of questions that can be asked for that particular subject. For arguments sake, lets take Meteorology, if memory serves me correct there were 100 questions, but that does not mean that the CAA only ask the same 100 questions time after time after time, they have 100's of question they can pick and choose from, so each month each paper will be different.

The website/question banks try to give you as many questions as possible that could be found in the exam therefore offering a wider range of material to revise from.

Hope this makes sense!? And good luck with your studies :ok:

A08

Whirlygig
24th Mar 2010, 18:54
Both.

Each exam (14 in number) can have up to 75 ish questions. These can be taken from a question bank of several thousand.

Cheers

Whirls

pilotwannabe1
24th Mar 2010, 18:55
Thank you for the info :), but why do they have websites up for like 19k jaa atpl exam questions?

No txt spek plez! HWB

sion22
24th Mar 2010, 19:15
they are telling pork pies :E

sion22
24th Mar 2010, 20:47
no there is not!

there are probably 8000 -10000 questions in the JAA question bank which is reflected in the Bristol bank

19000 is an exageration or non exam questions or plain lies

lasseb
24th Mar 2010, 22:03
Sion22
How du you know this??? Do you actually know the number of JAA questions in the question bank of every CAA in each JAR member state?
If so I'm REALLY impressed...

Or do you just think that Bristol is the same as the JAR question bank?

Alex Whittingham
26th Mar 2010, 22:14
I'm afraid he's wrong. The CQB has never had more than 8000 questions in it and many of the updates feature the removal of rubbish questions, hence CQB13 had less questions in it than CQB11. I can't remember what the CQB14 total is but I think its in the seven thousands. All JAA states have similar sized question banks because they are all derived from the 'current' CQB. The 'large number of questions in our question bank' is a marketing tool, mostly the extra questions are either old, bad questions that the JAA no longer use or old progress tests from Oxford, bristol and others - i.e. school questions not CQB questions.

As a matter of interest there has been a proposal on the table for years to publish the CQB when it hits a total of 10,000 questions. This has never been achieved.