PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Observed Flight Test

BritishGuy
24th Mar 2010, 16:27
Not sure if this belongs here - but I'll give it a go.......

Hello, Quick Q..... Need to get a UK CAA Observed Flight Test done on the EMB-145 (ERJ) or the CL-65 (CRJ 100/200/700/900).

Are there any simulators (TRTOs) in the UK that would be able to accommodate me??

Closest EMB-145 simulator I can find is in Paris and the Closest CRJ simulator I can find is in Quebec. I want to try and keep it in the Uk or the CAA just charge too much money to come out to 'observe' the skills test!

All info is much appreciated.

LEVC
24th Mar 2010, 17:25
AFAIK there is two CRJ sims in Madrid (CAE), and two more in Berlin belonging to Lufthansa.:ok:

Good luck

LEVC

BritishGuy
24th Mar 2010, 21:48
In that case I'm actually just considering doing the skills test in a regular multi piston in Florida (I live there most of the time anyway) and then doing the IR conversion in Europe somewhere. Would it just be cheaper to do it this way.....?

I don't mind paying some of the costs for the CAA - but c'mon, biz class travel, 5 star hotel accommodation, meals and all....... I think I should just get a job in the CAA! Looks like they get treated really well!

BritishGuy
24th Mar 2010, 21:53
As for the CAE sims in Madrid, I'm assuming they'll be able to provide the sim on an 'hourly basis'..... right? I'll need a TRE, the sim and then the CAA observer.

I'd rather do it in the EMB-145 as I think there are more jobs out there on that type. Can anyone here state if the Swiss Training Centre rents the sim by the hour and if so, anyone know of a rough cost?

Thanks.

smallfry
24th Mar 2010, 22:16
isn't there a ERJ 145 sim in Manchester that BA CitiExpress used to use?

Nearly There
25th Mar 2010, 17:08
Smallfry, I posted the same thing yesterday but its been deleted for some reason.
There used to be one at Woodford that the BMIR guys used, but as suitcaseman says its gone to Paris

J31 MAN
16th Apr 2010, 20:18
Just to be a pedant, there has never been an EMB sim at Woodford. It was at Alteon down the road in Cheadle. Been gone a while and now there's no sims there at all.