PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA Observed Flight Test

BritishGuy
24th Mar 2010, 15:22
Hello, Quick Q..... Need to get a UK CAA Observed Flight Test done on the EMB-145 (ERJ) or the CL-65 (CRJ 100/200/700/900).

Are there any simulators (TRTOs) in the UK that would be able to accommodate me??

Closest EMB-145 simulator I can find is in Paris and the Closest CRJ simulator I can find is in Quebec. I want to try and keep it in the Uk or the CAA just charge too much money to come out to 'observe' the skills test!

All info is much appreciated.

Nearly There
24th Mar 2010, 16:29
There used to be a Emb sim at Woodford Aerodrome Manchester, BMI Regional guys used to use it I think, but they now go to Paris so it may have gone, an avenue to explore though.

BritishGuy
24th Mar 2010, 17:24
Yeah thanks for that lead. I checked it out this morning and as you've stated, they've got rid of it ad FSI in Paris are supporting their training needs.

The thing is, I've called FSI and they've told me that they cannot rent out the sim by the hour and the cheapest thing I'll have to do it a EMB-145 Recurrent. That'll set me back 19700 Euro. With that in mind, I'm thinking it might be cheaper for me to do it in a Multi Piston aircraft.

There has to be an EMB-145 Sim in the UK doesn't there?