PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL-IR-multi BFR/IPC on a single engine?

spip
23rd Mar 2010, 20:35
Hi everyone

I've heard that we can do the BFR and IPC, for an FAA CPL-IR single and multi engine, in a single engine aircraft, and still have the multi rating. Is it true?
That would help me a lot!

ahwalk01
24th Mar 2010, 13:03
If you hold a Single Engine IR rating or a (VFR) Multi rating, the FAA expects you to perform the IR and Multi functions together in the same checkride, as for pilot safety, a single engine instrument approach in a twin which hasn't been demonstrated before to an examiner will not likely go well.

Alex.

B2N2
25th Mar 2010, 00:07
I've heard that we can do the BFR and IPC, for an FAA CPL-IR single and multi engine, in a single engine aircraft, and still have the multi rating. Is it true?

I think we're getting confused here.
If you hold a FAA CPL SE & ME IR, yes you can do the BFR and the IPC in a single engine aircraft.
The BFR and IPC are not category and class limited.
It's only in JAA-land that a MEP expires.

ahwalk01
25th Mar 2010, 11:28
I was saying that you need to demonstrate a single engine instrument approach in a twin - as if you have a VFR multi rating you would have demonstrated a single engine VFR landing, and with a single engine instrument rating you would have demonstrated an instrument approach, but the two need to be done together at some point.

If you do your instrument ticket in a multi, you're fine.

Alex.