PDA

View Full Version : VISTAJET ASSESSMENT - Further steps?

Klimax
23rd Mar 2010, 19:11
Dear fellow pilots,

In February (1010) I was one of six applicants participating in the VistaJet assessment in FFB.

Two days later I received information that I had passed the assessment and would be contacted by Mr. X (Accountable Manager) within the next week regarding the "further steps".

I have not yet received any further information as to the "further steps".

Anybody with information as to what might be going on and happening next?

PS: I'd appreciate answers to the topic and not just another round of bulloxing about VJ. :ok:

uberwang
23rd Mar 2010, 20:22
My advice is to call and bug them. In this industry you CANNOT just sit back and wait, you must be proactive and pursue to position. I am surprised you have waited this long.

I have heard all the stories about Vistajet too.. There is always bad stuff about every company, but it does not surprise me they have not contacted you.

Go get it Fella. If you dont, the next guy who calls up after an interview gets the job..

Wang

FlyTCI
24th Mar 2010, 04:52
If you've been waiting for 1000 years (since 1010) and haven't heard anything my guess is that they have moved on. ;)

Just give them a call, what do you have to lose?

weido_salt
24th Mar 2010, 05:01
uberwang

All well and good.

However if an outfit operates like that, you really need to sit back and ask yourself this. "What problems am I going to have with these people further on, when employed?"

If they cant communicate, what can they do?

bizjetbus
24th Mar 2010, 11:05
Guys, listen to weido.... You have been "warned"......

Uncle Wiggily
24th Mar 2010, 17:21
Hey man...don't worry and relax. I have heard that the Vista Jet "non-callback" is actually written into their operations manual. It is called "phase 2" and it tests the applicant's reaction to being in an environment with poor communication and inefficient management. The management is actually testing you to see if you can deal with a high degree of mismanagement. If you pass the test, then you move onto phase 3. Good Luck!

Klimax
26th Mar 2010, 21:52
Thx for replies guys.

Anybody else out there awaiting reply from VJ and when did u do ur assessments?

Thanks.

Andy1980
1st Apr 2010, 13:04
Hi, hope I'm not hijacking your thread. I just received the following from Vista Jet:

Thank you for your application expressing your interest in working for VistaJet.
Your qualification and CV has found you eligible for further screening and we are glad to invite you to our Assessment Center “2Alpha” in Fürstenfeldbruck/Germany.
The Assessment is necessary (http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=5tY9AA&search=necessary), as our wish to hire top qualified Pilots and a request for well selected flight crews by our customers is the guiding factor and mandatory.
Our timeframe for out next Assessment in April is:
1.- 19th April

Is this what some of you guys have already gone through and are awaiting the outcome? I need to work out if I can afford the day off work and travel expenses etc or if I would simply be chasing a no-goer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

7xXx
1st Apr 2010, 17:18
...Bring the lube !!!!:ok:

sakč
1st Apr 2010, 19:34
I'm sorry guys...I have sent my cv to vistajet 3 months ago but nobody answered.
I would like to know If there are some requirements that are an advantage.
Are you Learjet or CRJ rated?
Do you have long haul experience?
How many hrs do you have?

tks sakč

Andy1980
1st Apr 2010, 19:52
I have no type rating or jet experience. Approx 1200hrs TT, mostly SEP with approx 100 MEP. Currently working as survey pilot (SEP) with some weekend work as safety pilot in MEP. Just sent a speculative email to their HR contact on 28/3/10, got the response today. I've just seen their requirements on the website- glad I emailed before I looked at that but a bit worried about whether or not to go for it now!

Andy

Klimax
2nd Apr 2010, 15:07
Dear Andy and Sake,

Andy. Yes thats the assessment Ive attended in FWB and AFTER that, received the reply according to my initial thread.

Sake. Long haul yes. Not type rated on any a/c of VJ. 5500+H. Command position applied for.

Cheers,

sakč
2nd Apr 2010, 16:33
Tks guys.....
Do you have some feedback from someone about VJ?
I read something but it`s not helpfull......a lot of rumors and smoke!!!
Do you know if they are waiting new aircraft......or if they are doing assesment just to create a pool ?
what about salary?

Tks sake

Klimax
2nd Apr 2010, 16:46
Sake,

To me it looks like they are just building a pool.
It would just be kind of nice if they informed us about that.

Anyways we just have to await further information, I suppose.

Dont have anything official about pay and conditions or a/c arriving, sorry.

yacan
2nd Apr 2010, 19:10
may be this helps:

Vistajet jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Vistajet)

sakč
2nd Apr 2010, 20:44
Tks again guys.
From that link it looks like 1500 euros net for F\O !! :eek:

sake

aviatn
7th Apr 2010, 06:25
I went for the assessment some month ago. I found it to be a joke. Quite unorganized!! Very qualified individuals present at the time but also people who weren't interested in going to Vista.
If some one want's to get informed of the result, call and be insistent but diplomatically so.

weido_salt
7th Apr 2010, 09:54
You couldn't make it up, even in a Banana republic.

I rest my case.

eghi r20
8th Apr 2010, 09:03
Klimax you have a PM.......

La Coneja
8th Apr 2010, 10:49
Dear Eghi R20:

Could you please pass me more information about the Vistajet screening?

I have it end April. Non type rated and close to 4000 hours total time 2300 on A320.

Thank you and best regards.

LA CONEJA

ill communication
12th Apr 2010, 15:03
I got the email for an invite as well. Feel free to send me a PM. I must say that I am a bit cautious after reading some of the posts.

LR45
13th Apr 2010, 10:37
Hi all,
I also have received an email from VJ this morning, asking me to attend an assessment at the end of the month. I am rated on the LR40 with over 500hrs on type.
Has anyone got any info on the assessment process?

Thanks in advance

ill communication
13th Apr 2010, 11:19
La Coneja:

You have 2300 hours on A320, but are not Type Rated in it?

Empty Cruise
13th Apr 2010, 15:28
...on the "PsyOps" part of the day and on WTH the sim is like?? Looks like a "Blue Peter" ("...here's one I made earlier...") project ;)

FCOM4
13th Apr 2010, 15:45
Hi all
Received an email from VJ. Assessment at the end of the month.

Has anyone got any info on the assessment process?
Pleae send me a private PM!

Thanks in advance

Anonymus6
13th Apr 2010, 17:32
you guys going for an assesment, when did you apply? and which way did you apply? through there website or just an email with you c.v. to human resources??

thanks

La Coneja
13th Apr 2010, 19:50
Dear Ill Communication:

You are rightˇˇˇˇˇˇ i mean not type rated on Vista fleet, but of course on the Bus. ;)

See you

golfo34
13th Apr 2010, 23:35
hi!
I have been also invited for the next assesment in April, Could you please explain a bit how was the assesment like? what should we expect? thanks!!!

yacan
14th Apr 2010, 04:36
- Technical test about your current type
- Sim ride
- Psychological interview questions

GG5
14th Apr 2010, 21:14
I've been invited for an assessment with the company on the 29th. Anyone flying into Munich... PM me. Would be interested to know what is the best way to get to the town and which hotel is everyone staying at.

15th Apr 2010, 07:35
Hi everybody,

I have been invited for an assessment for VJ, as well, somebody could tell me, if there are a technical questions in the test? the sim ride will be as a single pilot or with crew concept? in the interview, they ask technical questions or personal questions?

Thank you everybody! You can send me private messages as well.

yacan
15th Apr 2010, 07:40
just read the previous posts

15th Apr 2010, 14:57
I have already read it, but I don't have any type rating...and I would like to know if somebody could tell me if the simulator will be as a single pilot or with crew concept...If you would like to help me...

Thank you in advance, for your cooperation ;).

Empty Cruise
15th Apr 2010, 20:58
Fairly certain that - given that it's clearly a FAR/JAR25 aircraft that is being simulated - it will be with either another candidate or one of Alpha2's employees riding shotgun, ennit? :}

Wilga
25th Jan 2013, 22:41
Evening all..
I was wondering if anyone had been to a Vistajet assesment recently? Please could you let me know what is involved and any feedback would be very handy..

Thanks in advance:ok:
W

gearupflapsupshutup
26th Jan 2013, 21:18
yes, I would like to know too... anything happening?

leveledoff 450
30th Aug 2013, 20:47
got the assessment soon,...feel free to pm me with further infos about it...thank you

:rolleyes:

vjs
31st Aug 2013, 16:12
Out of interest leveledoff450 - they seriously give away now US bases to new starters? Or are you relocating to Europe.

Curious because for us old guys sometimes it was hard to get desired bases in European locations, now I've heard already that they hired US(and canadian I believe) guys.

Cheap proceedings... :E

deefer dog
2nd Sep 2013, 03:26
Met a VJ crew recently in LFMN. They were trying to figure out if it was possible that management had any way of discovering that they would be found out for having received a free breakfast from the hotel they just checked out of. Apparantly, breakfast is something that the company do NOT provide in overnight accomodation!

Is this true?

CaptainProp
2nd Sep 2013, 07:29
Most companies that pay per diem do not pay for any food on top, only hotel.

If the crew received a complimentary breakfast then whats the problem? Perhaps they will have to pay back some of the per diem to the company if they find out? :} Wouldn't surprise me at all with VJ....

wondering
2nd Sep 2013, 07:31
Met a VJ crew recently in LFMN. They were trying to figure out if it was possible that management had any way of discovering that they would be found out for having received a free breakfast from the hotel they just checked out of. Apparantly, breakfast is something that the company do NOT provide in overnight accomodation!

Is this true?

True. Unless VJS has a special deal with the hotel in question. Otherwise, that´s where your per diems are supposed to be for. That´s, at least how the taxman sees it in many if not most European countries. If the per diems are enough to cover three meals and drinks a day is, of course, a different question.

These days due to different taxation rates most hotel invoices in Europe will state accommodation and breakfast separately. If that´s not the case with their invoice they might get away with it. If it was indeed a 'free/complimentary' breakfast on the house why worry? Good luck.

FrankR
2nd Sep 2013, 08:21
Not sure that this is a fair blanket statement. All the companies I've worked for in the past ten years have given us per diem and our hotel rate included breakfast. However, your mileage may vary

FR

Narrow Runway
2nd Sep 2013, 13:30
I can't even seem to get my application in to them.

BBD700 XRS rated and current captain. Also vision rated.

Even HR don't reply to emails.

I don't understand :ouch:

N747EX
6th Sep 2013, 17:12
Also any info appreciated even for the phone interview

N747EX
9th Sep 2013, 16:39
F900 can you give us an idea of the Salery in VistaJet so we can compare? Lets say FO on the global or any info you have

Regards

wondering
9th Sep 2013, 18:04
I reckon ppjn is not too far off.

N747EX
9th Sep 2013, 18:12
Thanks wondering, wondering (no pun intended) how much one could expect to take in with the duty pay/per diems added in? Also presuming if its takes in Malta not much to be paid?

wondering
10th Sep 2013, 10:50
The old contracts (Austrian or German) provided the standard tax free per diems as determined by the respective revenue office. They depend on the location. There are tables on the net e.g. EUR 48 for Moscow. Most European countries are usually lower than that. Dunno about Malta.

Narrow Runway
11th Sep 2013, 15:00
Surely you mean they pay FO's 85,000 Euro.

They are about 45,000 short of a fair offer.

It's a no from me.

flydive1
11th Sep 2013, 15:26
No, F900ex is correct, captain pay.

And 30 Euro per diems.

Not for me either.

N747EX
11th Sep 2013, 15:49
How do the per diems work guys? Are you paid the rate per country how do they plan for this? If so presume your per diem is quiet variable?

Narrow Runway
11th Sep 2013, 17:45
Why would you be bothered about how the per diems work?

The pay is so awful, if true, that you'll have no money left over at the end of the month either way.

Try living on 30 Euros in Cap d'Antibes in July. You'll starve.

Joe le Taxi
11th Sep 2013, 21:27
That's not Iver again, is it? :rolleyes:

N747EX
12th Sep 2013, 06:43
Haha no Iver had us all laughing! No I'm just interested in the company Ive started threads before here about breaking into corporate aviation and as VistaJet are the first company to give some feedback would like to know about the wages as I see it as the only real stumbling block.