PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical history

Pilch
20th Mar 2001, 02:34
I would like to know what questions about your medical history the CAA ask at initial Class 1 examination ? Do they write to your GP as a matter of course (I know your GP might have to submit a report in the event something turns up)

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Speed Racer
20th Mar 2001, 04:36
For my initial class 1 they gave me a form and a pen.. told me to sit down and get writing. Mostly it was your details, and other things like how much do you drink! They ask if you have ever been into hospital, had surgery, been in a car crash, or in anyway possibly damaged your head. They also ask about your families history of heart problems, and also diabetes. Other questions are things like do you have migranes, joint or ligiment problems.. infact they pretty much ask you everything. After you've filled out the form (this is in NZ im talking about) the exam follows in which the Dr asked me some more questions just about my general health, and had i had any probs in the past. It's always best to be honest with them cause they aint out to fail you, so just tell em everything u know and you should be fine!

matspart3
23rd Mar 2001, 03:06
The only thing I recall being asked by the lovely people at Gatwick was "Have you paid?"

Fairly standard stuff...don't eat a Mars Bar for breakfast...it pushes your sugar/urine level through the roof and they'll think you're diabetic...I had to go to my GP a few days later and have another sample check and blood test.