PDA

View Full Version : 28 Sqn low low tac flying over A14 yesterday at 17:00

chopper2004
23rd Mar 2010, 08:17
I enjoyed the mini air display on the outskirts of Bar Hill, Cambs yesterday courtesy of 28 Sqn Merlin pair , straight over my car at 50 ft then doing tac manouveres coming in from the west and heading east, over villages of Longstanton, Cottenham...and ehadin in direction of Waterbeach

Many thanks for that guys....:ok:

Bob Viking
23rd Mar 2010, 08:22
...and then they were doing wingovers and loops (I didn't know the Merlin could do a loop but you live and learn!) and just before they left they flew so low over us that they knocked my wife off her horse!
I reckon the Officers in charge would love to know what their pilots are truly capable of so they can personally congratulate them all!
BV:E

Monty77
23rd Mar 2010, 13:56
Hey Bob!

I saw it too! Not only were they doing wingovers and loops at low level, one of them flew over my house inverted at 50 feet and gave my wife the finger, causing her to drop our family pet hamster who was enjoying his weekly bath.

Sadly, Herbert died. Do you think I can get compensation for this?

I didn't know that helicopters could fly inverted, but like the loop thing, you're right, you live and learn!

Some people live for a very long time and learn nothing.

sycamore
23rd Mar 2010, 17:06
Chopper2004, a flying car ,that`s interesting,should avoid all the traffic jams...!

soprano54
23rd Mar 2010, 22:55
Chopper now are you sure they were Merlins or was it a figment of your imagination? It is common knowledge that the Merlin is really a penguin...................all flap and no fly!:ugh:

Gainesy
24th Mar 2010, 11:19
Wokka gits machine-gunned my goldfish yesterday. RIP Billingsgate.

TheWizard
24th Mar 2010, 20:18
Chopper now are you sure they were Merlins or was it a figment of your imagination? It is common knowledge that the Merlin is really a penguin...................all flap and no fly!:ugh:

Shows how thick you are! Modern rotor blades don't have flaps............

(Note: All QHIs calm down before you start banging on about P of F!)

soprano54
25th Mar 2010, 19:44
I bow to your superior knowledge Ga....................sorry Wizard!:ok:

dionysius
26th Mar 2010, 12:00
A trio of low level Merlins over the North Warwickshire countryside this morning .........outstanding :ok:

minigundiplomat
26th Mar 2010, 16:41
A trio of low level Merlins over the North Warwickshire countryside this morning .........outstanding http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

No doubt following the freak thunderstorms of yesterday.

Yeah Wizard, I know the drill, hat, coat.......................

clareprop
26th Mar 2010, 18:27
In the garden at Mickfield and hear another Apache approaching - hark, sounds slightly different but there it is at about 1000ft. Definitely sounds different and louder. At that moment, Merlin passes behind the village/trees 100 metres from me at nothing'ish feet. Excellent example of my tax pounds at work :ok:

TheWizard
26th Mar 2010, 20:00
I bow to your superior knowledge Ga....................sorry Wizard!:ok:

As it should be Mr Fis.....sorry soprano :p

Is that really you 'driving' that tank on your web page?! Must have been a VERY long time ago!!

Sqwark2000
27th Mar 2010, 08:38
Shows how thick you are! Rotor blades don't have flaps............

What about those flappy things on the Seasprite rotors???