PDA

View Full Version : LHR Lounge Access - bmi

generallee
22nd Mar 2010, 22:40
Hello,
Can anyone answer this one for me?
I'm travelling on BD award ticket MAN-LHR (BD) and then onto LAX (NZ), with a silver bmi card. Will I get access to the Lounge at T1 and will I be able to bring a guest? Website doesn't really provide the specifics although research suggests that access may only be available if travelling on bmi.

Much appreciated!

Businesstraveller
23rd Mar 2010, 13:02
Unless something has changed very recently, you'll have lounge access at Manchester and Heathrow for yourself and your guest (assuming they are travelling on the same flight). I don't think your flight being a 'reward flight' effects your access rights as a silver card holder.

Munnyspinner
23rd Mar 2010, 16:29
BT I think you are correct. However, if recent experience is anything to go by the lounge is full of silver card holders filling themselves with cheese!

Last time I was flying out of T1, I couldn't find seat anywhere in the upstairs exec lounge but there was not soul outside - are a few free drinks and a lump of camenbert really worth this strife?

MAN - LHR - is there time for gear retraction between take off and landing? Take a train. - it's quicker.

lexxity
23rd Mar 2010, 17:14
The train doesn't go to LHR though does it? Where as bmi do and if you are connecting out then it makes far more sense to fly direct into LHR. Stand to stand is around an hour.

TightSlot
23rd Mar 2010, 17:19
Strongly suggest you contact BMI as T1 *A Lounge is a shared lounge and access (from memory) usually requires either travel in Business Class or *A Gold status

Mr Flaps
23rd Mar 2010, 17:31
BD ints lounge access.
All Star Gold card holders on a Star flight from T1.
bmi Silver card holders on a bmi operated flight to an Ints dest.
Miles and More silver card holders on an LX, LH, SN, LO, OS flight.
BD business class (no guest)
All Star first class pax.

Final 3 Greens
24th Mar 2010, 11:23
Strongly suggest you contact BMI as T1 *A Lounge is a shared lounge and access (from memory) usually requires either travel in Business Class or *A Gold status

This is true, but irrelevant, since BD have their own international lounge in T1, as other posters already mentioned.