PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class 1 Limits

uk
29th Apr 2001, 11:07
Does anyone actually know the logic behind the JAA's limit on degree of astigmatism of +/- 2 dioptres? It seems totally arbitrary to me and as I am only just outside this limit (-2.25 dioptres) and this is ruining my dream of flying in the UK. My corrected and uncorrected visual acuity (how well I can see) is well within limits and in the USA I would have no problem getting a Class A. So why do the JAA have this limit and is there ANY chance of it changing in the near future? Any comments would be greatfully received.
UK

BigTimeWannabe
30th Apr 2001, 21:16
Hi, I thought the CAA Class 1 requirement is +/-5 diopters, or +/-3for under 23's. But you'd better check on their website.

www.caa.co.uk (http://www.caa.co.uk)

batu
1st May 2001, 17:02
Initial in England is -5/+3, but i don't have idea what the limits are for astamatigsm I think still -2/+2 but check out the link to the caa and try to find some more about Bates (search at the pprune site)
Cheerio Batu

BAB2B
2nd May 2001, 00:38
uk, I understand your frustration at the moment, I'm in the same boat but with much poorer prospects than you. Could you email me ([email protected]) so I could find out what you've heard about US requirements. Thanks.