PDA

View Full Version : Dull headache - sinus related?

Speedy G
13th Mar 2001, 22:26
The other day whilst flying I suffered a "dull" headache during and after the flight - nothing painful but rather distracting. It was based above and around my eyes/eyebrows.

Is this sinus related and if so what can I do about it? I have heard all sorts of alarming stories about bursting eardums and things, surely all it is, is air trapped in the sinuses exerting pressure at altitude. Therefore a nasal spray must exist that will dicongest them, without call for surgery or anything horrying like I have read in this forum.

Having read a past post I am lost as to what is and isn't permitted as far as medication/sinus related problems in the cockpit.

Can anyone shed any light?

Speed

VFE
14th Mar 2001, 03:01
Hi Speedy G,
Have you tried Vicks Sinus spray? I would be lost without mine.
You say that you feel it may be sinus related but, disregard if you have, have you considered getting your eyesight tested? Bad eyesight can cause headaches.
I see from your profile that you are a student so I doubt you are flying in pressurised cabins but maybe dehydration could've been a factor. I know of many flyers (not just in pressurised A/C) that have complained of headaches bought on by this.

Hope this helps a little.

All the best, VFE.