PDA

View Full Version : refraction limit changes?

mattince
18th Jun 2001, 04:20
I was filled with hope when I read the topic posted by A + C on 27th May, regarding a medical change by the CAA.

I don't fully understand what the change is and have tried looking on the SRG & ICAO's websites for further news - but with no luck!

I am a victim of the unfair refraction limits imposed by JAA as I am right on the borderline of +3.0 dioptres. It has been a tough wait, but I am expecting the limits to change at the end of this year. Could anyone please let me know if the change that A + C mentioned has anything to do with this change as it is expected to happen sometime soon!

Many thanks!

Engineer
18th Jun 2001, 12:37
Mattince
Check out following web site

http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/pld/med/med_whatsnew.asp

under "JAA Medical Subcommittee News 2000 para Dec 2000"

It appears that the changes have been accepted but require NPA processing which may well take more than a year.

So you can draw you own conclusions regarding bureaucracy. Hope this helps

Fokker52
1st Jul 2001, 20:11
Hi there,

Also in Holland a lot of pilots are affected by the stone-age decision of bringing refraction limitations back, although everywhere else in the world the refraction limitations are no longer a factor in obtaining a Class 1 medical. So far for good old Europe.
Just wonder which countries forbid pilots to wear glasses/contacts.

Nevertheless I will give you updates concerning the situation within the Dutch CAA.

Greetings FK-52

g10
2nd Jul 2001, 01:50
So what is the JAA limit at the moment -3 or -5.....The way I interpret it it's -3 and will eventually become -5. Am i right?

Cheers

G10

[This message has been edited by g10 (edited 01 July 2001).]

Cypres
2nd Jul 2001, 02:52
g10,

take a quick look at my thread entitled
"If this is true..."
It should answer your question.

Good Luck
Cypres