PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss in B777

VP8
27th Apr 2001, 09:07
A couple of female friends who are down the back with the SLF and one who drives up front have a problem with hair loss and alapecia (I think that's how it is spelt) Has anybody else heard of cases of the above on the B777 as they think it is linked to the air circulation system and have been warned by thier company not to make waves....

Thanks in advance

VP8

Jetdriver
27th Apr 2001, 16:39
Sorry not a very helpful reply I know, but as a fellow "hair loss sufferer", I just loved the irony about "not making waves.." !

:) :) :) :)

Visual
30th Apr 2001, 12:27
.....personally I think it unfair for an airline to discriminate against wavey hair for cabin and flight crew.

This could be the beginning of a whole new thread!!!!

Old King Coal
1st May 2001, 12:55
..... perhaps a case of, and as me dear'ole mum used to say, "Grass doesn't grow on busy streets !"

caqtas air
3rd May 2001, 15:44
You can't blame the A/C mate, its the terteserone, you have to much of it. (I hope you are a bloke or I am in big trouble) Lie back and enjoy it... I am....

Wotwozat
8th May 2001, 20:41
Got the same problem on the B727 as well !!!
But if I did have hair I wouldn't have it wavy anyway :)

sam flanders
8th May 2001, 23:02
VP8
I cannot find any reference to hair loss in the aviation medicine standard tomes. The only link to alopecia is with chronic thallium poisoning which gives a few other interesting symptoms too.
Does the company have its own doc? If so he/she should investigate a trend for your colleagues (a doctor's drive to have their name remembered for discovering a disease will easily outstrip company loyalty) whilst preserving confidentiality. If it is thallium poisoning they definately should not be flying!