PDA

View Full Version : Is it very difficult to get a job having experience in airline?

Harlem
20th Mar 2010, 17:34
I would like to know your oppinion about the real possibilities of a pilot with experience on airlines looking for a job in biz jets. Is it considered the experience and the number of flying hours, or only if he is type rated?

7xXx
20th Mar 2010, 18:15
do a favor to the guys already without a job in the Biz jet...stay in your airline...

FLEXJET
20th Mar 2010, 18:53
Harlem, it is my sad duty to inform you that NetJets does not recruit anymore...

One of the easiest way I would see for you to join a bizjet operation is to find an operator which flies the bizjet version of your current airliner, as almost all types are now found flying as business/private.

Now don't tell me you are flying a Fokker 50... :bored:

Harlem
20th Mar 2010, 19:05
Thanks for your answers.
I know NetJets politic respect airline pilots: they donīt like them, simply like that, and I think that it isnīt a bad way to do.
So what, to be rated is the most important consideration to get a job. Bad times for aviators since economists manage this world.

PPRuNeUser0215
20th Mar 2010, 21:12
Thanks for your answers.
I know NetJets politic respect airline pilots: they donīt like them, simply like that, and I think that it isnīt a bad way to do.

You obviously don't know that much then. Many, many airline guys in NJE.
But the fact is that we are years from recruiting anybody.

WSUshox
20th Mar 2010, 21:46
Flight hours are not important in many/most Corporate Flight Departments. We don't really care that you have 10k hours of International 777 time, and we don't care if you only have 1500 hours TT.. If you are invited to interview with us, we are looking at you as a person. Is this the kind of person that is a "team player"? Is this person someone that I can go on a two week trip with and not want to kill at the end of it? To interview with our department you have to have an ATP already. So, we already know you can fly. We don't even care if you are already typed on our equipment.
That being said. If you are on furlough from another operator (fractional/airline). You most certainally will be asked "what are your intentions if you get called back"? You expect the company to be honest with you, so you should be honest with them too. We have several airline guys in our dept. that came from the airlines (mostly United). Many have been called back, all have turned the airlines down.
During the interview let the Department know that you have no problem doing your own Flight Planning, and how important safety and CUSTOMER SERVICE is to you. Not "bagging" on airline pilots, it is just that in the Corporate world we can't just stand at the cockpit door after a flight and say "thanks for flying with us". We have to get the coffee, get the newspapers, load the bags, order catering, clean the plane.

In short, NO. Your airline past does not count against you. Personality is everything.

Harlem
20th Mar 2010, 22:23
Thanks a lot for your answer, WSUshox!
Thatīs just the idea that I have about corporate, and you can belive me, I havenīt problems about that. The point is how to find who could give me the chance of an interview (without corporate experience, but with it in airline)!!!

WSUshox
20th Mar 2010, 22:31
Get out and meet the different operators in your area. They are more apt to hire someone they know, than someone they don't. Good Luck!