PDA

View Full Version : HEART MURMOR & THE CLASS 1

genius-747
14th Jun 2001, 17:06
Hello, I am 19 years old and have a ppl. and abviously a class 2 medical.
On obtaining this class 2 a slight heart murmor was discovered. I was sent to a cardioligy unit for further tests- all was in the clear and it was said to be "benigne heart murmor". What I am conserned aboutis will there be any problem getting my class 1 with a benigne heart murmor? Everything else in in tip top shape, eyes, hearing etc..
Responses greatly appreciated.
thank you.

Sagey
15th Jun 2001, 21:57
Don't think so.

Many people have heart murmours that do not effect the function of the heart and in a lot of cases do not show up on ECG.

Should be fine

Sagey

Elk McPherson
16th Jun 2001, 09:40
I have a benign heart murmur and I have held an Aussie class 1 medical for 10 years. I havent applied to the big airlines yet so I don't know how it will affect my application, but on the basis that all the Cardiologists reckon it causes no harm I should be fine.

Did they tell you what caused your Murmur? Mine is a congenital defect (ie: born with it), a Bi-cuspid Aortic valve (as opposed to 3 cusps). Most doctors don't hear it unless they know its there.

Cheers

genius-747
17th Jun 2001, 15:50
yes i was born with my heart murmor also.
It was supposed to have cleared itself up a few years after birth, but the damn class 2 doctor heard something on the stetascope and wanted to get it checked out further.-- off to the ecg, eeg, halter monitor, and ultra scan..