PDA

View Full Version : Indian RT Exams & RT Conversion

djajay.jayaraj
20th Mar 2010, 13:15
Indian RT Exams & RT Conversion

Hello,
I have a few queries regariding converting my Philippines RT licence to an Indian Licence
The Fee for the conversion has been increased from Rs 50 to Rs 5000 
After the submittin my docs to WPC they issue me a FTRP
This is valid as long as my Philippines CPL is valid.
I can use this FTRP for my CPL conversion (Please correct me if i am wrong)
After that what is the next step to get an Indian RT licence
1) WPC exams – Part 1 or Part 2?
2) What exactly does the Part 1 Contain?
3) What exactly does the part 2 contain?
4) If in a particular attempt i pass the part 1 and fail in the part 2, do i hav to reappear in both The parts for the next attempt
5) Also could some one please guide me on to a good tutor for RT Classes
Some people told me that i have to Pass the Part 1, and then resubmit my FRTP licence to get an Indian licence with 3 years validity, then later on pass the Part 2 for a permanent licence...
I am pretty confused at the moment, Next week i am going to be applyin for my FRTP.
Hope some one can shed some light on the correct process

Thanks a lot

jimmygill
20th Mar 2010, 14:47
1. Both part 1 and part 2
2. Part 1 is a 15 minute Radio Telephony over an artificial circuit
3. Part 2 is an interview
4. Yes, And ideally they should revoke any existing RT permit if you fail in part 1
or part 2, but luckily they are not as agile.
5. If you have flown 200 hrs in real aircraft doing real RT, you don't need a
tutor, you can just find any friend who has passed such exam in a fair manner
and he will be a good enough guide, also since the phillippines RT is valid only
for a year its a good idea to get an Indian RT, which I guess now a days can
be availed for lifetime depending on how much fee you pay.

shanx
20th Mar 2010, 17:27
@djajay.jayaraj

I have a few queries regariding converting my Philippines RT licence to an Indian Licence

A small correction. No foreign RT can be "converted" to an Indian RT.
What you along with many others are basically doing is Applying for a PERMIT on the basis of having a valid FRTOL issued by a Commonwealth nation.

3) The interview is vague. Expect anything. and I mean .. anything.

You will face two brief interviews. One with a DGCA guy and another with a WPC guy, usually the Regional WPC head.
The chief of the WPC RLO is usually the one who determines pass/fail in most cases.
(So you now know who is the man to approach for some sympathy or "help". :E)

i) It could be a breeze .. you might be asked your name, qualifications and family background and a few basic questions on airspace rules, instruments like altimeter, airspeed indicator etc and maybe some questions from Indian Regulations.
ii) It could be a tough ... he might hand you a pencil and paper and ask you to do some calculations based on ohm's law, kirchoff's laws, circuit diagrams of NPN, PNP amps, zener diode etc. Ask you to identify a zener diode, transistor etc etc. Not a big deal if you've been through engineering college (and attended classes :E) or taken basic electronics subjects in college.
iii) It could be a joke... they could simply ask vague questions .. question after question after question to flummox you and finally fail you and wish you all the best for the next attempt !

Good Luck ! :ok:

djajay.jayaraj
21st Mar 2010, 07:37
@ jimmygill @ shanx - Thanks a lot for taking the time out to reply :)

I will be submitting my papers for the FRT-P in the following week.

Will see what additional info i can get and will update it in this post :)

Will try to get in touch with some guys who have cleared the RT exams for notes and books :)

Hope to get my RT cleared, Will be appearing for the Chennai session

FixedReserve
30th Mar 2010, 07:47
I want to ask you guys what the procedure and requirements are for renewal of Indian RT. I have an Indian rt permit issued on the basis of commonwealth cpl+frto i.e. direct conversion. The Indian permit is due to expire early next year.

What are the requirements for me to renew the Indian permit?

If I have the necessary recent experience i.e. 30 hours within 3 years from date of expiry, can I directly apply for another renewal? Or is it necessary for me to sit the RT exams?

Conversely, If i do not have the recent experience requirements, what do i have to do to apply for a renewal?

havai_jahaj
14th Jun 2010, 18:29
hey hi....
1) i would like to know which books to refer for RT exams...
2)is ther any e book i can refer to online....
3)how should i prepare for the exams and wht should i expect.
4)wht kind of radio calls should i expect... i have a faa license... so i dont know the indian terminology or the difference....
thanks!:ok:

sudhir
23rd Jun 2010, 16:20
Tully Books Ground To Up

FlyingManutd
6th Jul 2010, 16:39
Hi all....has anybody given RTR exam in kolkata session.Wanted to know where exam is conducted or if this exam is being held near airport or in airport terminal.

Thanks