PDA

View Full Version : Brunei Flying Club info/email add?

Air_King
20th Mar 2010, 05:10
Does anyone have an email address for the Brunei Flying Club. i've tried calling the phone number on their website for several days now and even into the weekend but not getting any answer. but, there is no email listed on the website nor any cell phone number of someone in charge during off hours.

So, does someone have an email or more contact info for Brunei Flying Club?

tks

Borneo Wild Man
31st Mar 2010, 08:34
Unfortunatly they died about 5 yrs ago.The C172 (V8-BFC)has not been airworthy for that time and has seemed to disappeared from WBSB altogether.
There is currently no GA in Brunei.

:{:{:{

Ndicho Moja
1st Apr 2010, 00:42
No AVGAS either!

Air_King
1st Apr 2010, 02:17
huh? that sucks...only one C172 for an entire country? and now that one isnt even online? hmm

my impression was that brunei was a fairly wealthy place.....i'm suprised to hear that there arent more GA going on there....

AOG Again
1st Apr 2010, 09:36
Lot fewer expats there these days and locals are not at all interested unless some one else does it for them. :rolleyes:

Roti John
1st Apr 2010, 11:39
It will be interesting to see how this pans out - may be a glimmer of hope for GA. They will surely need avgas!

"Imprimis, a corporate finance and investment management firm backed by the government of Brunei Darussalam, owns Piper. “We are making major commitments to expanding our business and providing top quality aircraft and service throughout Asia (and the) Pacific,” said Mary Messuti, managing director of Piper Aircraft Asia, in the news release.
The company said it also plans to establish a flight training academy in Brunei."
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/feb/03/piper-aircraft-announces-new-brunei-based-plans/

Feb 2010

RJ

Air_King
2nd Apr 2010, 05:24
Wow, they own piper? cool

ya, that would be sweet if they set up a flight school in brunei...actually, i dont see many places in Asia that you can fly pipers as it is...so i hope they do expand in Asia...i've never actually flown one myself...