PDA

View Full Version : Pupil Dilations - How Long?

Grapes
9th Mar 2001, 17:10
I had both my pupils dilated yesterday and it's been more than 24 hours now, and it's still pretty dilated. Went to the doctor just then and he agreed that it was still still slightly dilated. It's pissin me off really.

And I am getting all kinds of abberations after yesterday's dilation. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

How long did you guys take for the dilation to wear off?

exeng
9th Mar 2001, 21:49
Grapes,

After my first very serious case of Iritis I was given some drops to dilate the pupil to prevent further damage. (The drops were derived from 'deadly nightshade, I can't remember the exact name of them) In addition I was given 'Maxidex' drops which are a form of steroid.

I was told by the medics that the drops used to dilute the pupil would only stay in effect for a few days. Unfortunately my pupil stayed dilated for about 4 weeks and during that time I was very concerned. The medics said although it was unusual the effects would wear off, which of course they did.

So don't worry as I'm sure you will be OK. Just enjoy the extended gardening leave!

Regards
Exeng

Grapes
11th Mar 2001, 16:19
exeng,

Thanks mate, I think mine's OK now...
I think... :)

btw, what remoisturising drops for lenses do u think works best?

Cheers!!!

Bird Strike
13th Mar 2001, 19:53
Mine were dilated (and eyesight quite badly affected) for about 2 or 3 weeks after the eye-drops, even though the effects were supposed to wear off in 12 hours or something like that.

It really alarmed me, but they did get better by themselves.