PDA

View Full Version : comair shootout??

troxi
19th Mar 2010, 10:54
Can anyone confirm if this is true and what happened?

Hope everyone is OK. I hear the hospital is on standby for those that have been injured.

Hotel Tango
19th Mar 2010, 12:30
Looking at your location, I presume this is Comair in South Africa and not the U.S. Comair. Can't find anything so far.

troxi
19th Mar 2010, 13:10
yeah in JHB, South Africa.

AltFlaps
19th Mar 2010, 13:49
Oh just spill the beans numb-nuts ... what happened?
Do we all have to guess or what ?

dontdoit
19th Mar 2010, 14:13
Didn't know Comair had an office at Johor Bharu (JHB) :eek:

CargoMatatu
19th Mar 2010, 14:15
Damn! You beat me to it! :D

Tolsti
19th Mar 2010, 14:59
So..... you wanna hold a Football World Cup.... who you gonna call......Yup, a country with one of the worst records for poverty and armed violence... and now you're going to swarm it with very highly paid footballers, their trophy wives and loads of fans who have travelled from all over the world at great expense. Some of whom will get mugged, maybe raped, even killed.... just to make it seem like the world is treating SA as being equal.

daikilo
19th Mar 2010, 20:14
Tolsti
1) I suppose none of what you typed has ever happened in the UK. ZA is a beautiful country that is recovering from decades of oppression with remarkable success and little vengence.
2) If I were them, I might be more concerned by the danger certain football "supporters" bring than mischief by the indigenous and non-indigenous local population
3) any link with this? BBC News - Fifa orders South African airline to drop 'ambush' ad (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8576220.stm)

Malagant
22nd Mar 2010, 21:32
With black criminals openly saying on TV, that they plan to rob as many people as possible during the World Cup and Julius Malema singing on TV that they must kill the white Boer (farmers) and ongoiing violence like the 17 year old girl that was raped, arms hacked off and stabbed to death with farmers murdered weekly with no end in sight, and you call that a succesfull country with little revenge, wake up and smell your tea, the only success in the country has been in the Govt with the way corruption is making them richer and the voters just get poorer! I don`t think you can compare it to anything in the UK, and that South Africa is standing up from years of the apartheid and racism, well, that is a myth, depending on whose view you take..! How many years they goiing to keep harping that tune. I will be very carefull if I was to come to SA for the WC 2010..even us SA residents have been warned to step up security and be very much aware of our surroundings..!:sad:

4HolerPoler
23rd Mar 2010, 02:22
Please get this thread back to aviation pronto or it's going in the bin.

4HP

Malagant
23rd Mar 2010, 06:45
In the bin..then bin it..under the carpet like everything else..if indeed Comair was robbed and held by gunpoint is it not part of the crime in SA..or does aviation have seperate crime..?

Fuzzy Lager
23rd Mar 2010, 06:59
daikilo, you really are clueless aren't you. Say hi to the pink elephants from me.

Siguarda al fine
23rd Mar 2010, 07:16
Soccer fans will be legally robbed by airline operators who have increased ticket prices during the 2010 world cup (Am I allowed to say that?) beyond all reason. One way or another robbery will prevail.

fastfly
25th Mar 2010, 08:17
Hey Malagant & Tolsti...stay away, nobody wants you here anyway:=

If people are not willing to be part of the solution...then go somewere else and be part of that problem... :ok:

Alternate Law
25th Mar 2010, 15:01
News - South Africa: SA safer for tourists than Spain or Germany (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=vn20100325042054212C645868)

Malagant
28th Mar 2010, 08:34
Fastfly..what exactly are you contributing to be part of the solution, by telling us to go away cause you don`t like what I said or what you read, you are not accepting that there is a problem, and surely you then cannot contribute anything towards a solution? There is nothing that I said that is not the truth, did a judge not warn Malema on Friday to stop his hate song or do the papers make up stories about murders etc, although this thread is about Comair getting robbed and this is a pilot network and therefore we don`t want to read about it here, all crime directly affects us as pilots and as citizens of this country, wether you like it or not, for instance, much of the aviation in the country centers around the tourist industry, if tourist numbers decrease it will start affecting the operators with a decrease in pilot positions in a market where there are minimal positions available at the best of times, I don`t mind Fastfly..I can go away..and you can turn a blind eye, but the crime won`t go away! As for the operators inflating prices to earn more revenue, they are not the only industry in SA that will do so or that hasn`t started already! How come everybody has mouthfull to say about that but nobody says anything about our esteemed power supplier, aaah, cause the Govt isn`t getting a slice of the pie if operators do inflate the prices!! Do you think a power increase doesn`t affect the aviation industry, for instance, if ACSA has to pay more for power, they will increase fees with operators having to pay more and they in turn will have to increase ticket prices anyway. :ugh:

Spadhampton
28th Mar 2010, 11:56
Friends of mine that flew for Rossair told me crime was getting pretty bad in SA. They each had their own horror stories to tell. Didn't deter me a bit. Each year millions visit Africa and few regret it. If you wanna die, walk around east LA at night. Its a sure bet.

Der absolute Hammer
28th Mar 2010, 13:17
It's not going to take very long before some local gang master out there takes a leaf out of the Somali war lord fund raising manual.
At least one of the impending arrivals has a Bugatti and a wife who resembles an Auschwitz early release model. What price a kidnap? The body guards are a waste of time. Down here they'll be out gunned and out numbered. If they're local lads it might help but not much use if a bunch of Serbian or Russian mafia look alikes decide to have a go. Everyone has been thinking of Malema, the Boers and the black bandits. Think again! The big money is in human trading and that is something that the boyos from the Balkans know a lot about. In that connection and to drift the topic back into aviation, has security at any of the airports where the executive jets are going to land been improved? It would not be good for the image of aviation security in SA if intending bandits hi jack both the arriving or departing celebrity and his/her own means of transport.

ARENDIII
30th Mar 2010, 20:41
Hello chaps and chapessess not neccesairly in that order-what happened here?
Maybe all of you need to go and just think a little?
See Ya!
Arend III.

proceeding outbound
31st Mar 2010, 08:53
I assume you are referring to the criminals that attempted to rob Comair. (I doubt they read PPRuNe)

The rest of us are just having a healthy little debate and airing our views - nothing wrong with that!

Although I must admit there is not much of an aviation link.