PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod On Display at MAN?

donnlass
18th Mar 2010, 20:22
I see on TAS that it has been confirmed that a Nimrod will be added to the display.

Would be interesting to see where that would be fitted in. Maybe with a hanger?

Smudger
13th Apr 2010, 15:21
HangAr... now I have an image in my head of the Nimrod being towed in with a coat hangEr

kevlarcarl
13th Apr 2010, 20:42
What is that place? a display arena for the junk BAE have produced over the years ,146,s, nimrods ,all it needs now is a ATP to complete the trilogy of garbage.

MAN777
13th Apr 2010, 20:59
Already have one, its on the southside as a training fuselage, we have 2 tridents, the avp has one and the fire department has one as a smoke trainer.

purplehelmet
13th Apr 2010, 21:38
any idea where the atp fuselage is? it used to be next to the fence on moss lane but it aint there anymore. also is the trident still on the fire training dump? cant see from the road since they made that daft hill that spoils everyones view.

Ian Brooks
13th Apr 2010, 23:39
No the Trident on the south side dissapeared many years ago, I don`t know what happened to the ATP as it moved

Ian B

Ian Brooks
13th Apr 2010, 23:46
No the Trident on the south side dissapeared many years ago, I don`t know what happened to the ATP as it moved

I think that is a bit unkind about both the BAe146 and Nimrod as they have both
had good careers and have created many jobs in the area over the years

Ian B

Spotter LBA
14th Apr 2010, 07:46
Isn't the trident now next to the Monarch hangar and fire station resting on a pile of rubble?