PDA

View Full Version : Mr

robin160
17th Mar 2010, 03:23
Hi Guys
Hi everyone, I have finished my Flight instructors Rating from New Zealand and have been looking jobs everywhere. I would like to know if anyone have any information on flight schools in China and what are the visa requirements to work in China? If anyone has information on jobs in Africa please let me know.

Thank you all

Brian304
17th Mar 2010, 08:58
Well unless you have either a CAAC license or 1500 hours + then I wouldn't really consider china. if you need to convert (1500 hours -) then your going to have to go through the CPL, IR, ATPL written exams and flight tests. Many schools or airlines will not take you because of the high investment, well unless you have ties with them, I had a friend who was asked for a £20k deposit for 15 year contract to go towards the training. If you do have the hours then go and work for an airline instead over there I would reccommend, pay is pretty crap for locals. Your going to need to speak chinese (mandarin) aswell because thats all they speak on the ATC, well they do speak abit of english in the major airports like beijing. Expect long contracts. I guess if panam was still alive then life will be alot easier for our license conversions, as you need a company or FTO to guarentee you to the CAAC for license conversion, plus your license will have that company name on, so you can't really jump ship unless they let you....

All the best...