PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar duty times

relax737
16th Mar 2010, 14:22
On 25FEB10, I paxed Melbourne-Bangkok on JQ29.

The flight was delayed 5 hours, and I saw the operating crew arrive for an on time departure. The same crew operated the flight, 9:20 flight time, making it close to 16 hours tour, 2 man crew.

Is Jetstar really this shabby or do they have a dispensation to operate these long tours. I thought that unlikely.

Capt Claret
16th Mar 2010, 17:20
I don't work for Jetstar but the CASA exemption to CAO48 that I work to allows me to extend a tour of duty, up to a maximum of 16 hours. There are a number of caveats to this, and I have the discretion not to do so.

Why accuse Jetstar of being shabby when one is obviously ignorant of their limitations?

Neptunus Rex
16th Mar 2010, 18:51
It is possible that the cockpit crew went to a designated rest area, where they would not be disturbed, and so could declare 'Split Duty.' I once did that having been diverted when my destination was closed because of an accident. Refuelled, rested and fed, we flew home when the runway was cleared. No biggie, just part of a professional repertoire.

zzoott
16th Mar 2010, 21:55
I believe that J* do not operate under the CAO48 exemption.

drop bear ten
16th Mar 2010, 23:44
Relax737,

I am sure that Jetstar in consideration of your public slander of their operation will work-out what mainline t++d used the PRIVILEGE of staff travel on the 25th of Feb 2010 and have you removed by COB today so you won't be bothered by such things again......:=