PDA

View Full Version : You say Sigma I say Sigmar

captplaystation
16th Mar 2010, 13:42
Whats with Sigmar Aviation in Dublin.

They have just flooded the jobs pages on flightglobal.com with vacancies (many the same one advertised several times over) including a B737NG contract in "Europe" (that will be Turkish Airlines again then ? ) except it seems from the logo and the footnote that they now prefer to be known as "Sigma Aviation Services"

Shame that whoever wrote the text accompanying some of the ads forgot to change it from "Sigmar" to " Sigma":D

What are they up to ? :hmm:

remoak
16th Mar 2010, 13:51
A little bit of speculative database-building probably, wouldn't be the first time... :ugh:

Dreamshiner
16th Mar 2010, 14:14
It's illegal in the UK under REC code of conduct (which is signed up to rather than enforced) to advertise for vacancies that don't exist. Don't know if this is the case in Ireland however. It's also very hard to prove.

As remoke suggests they are probably keeping their agents busy during a lull to enlarge and update their database so when demand increases they can hit the ground running.

Not ethical but there are few elements of aviation now that can claim to be.

captplaystation
16th Mar 2010, 16:08
Oh I think they are all up to that , with their "expressions of interest" / "upcoming vacancy" /"vacancy on hold" codswallup, I was just a bit curious about the Oh so subtle name change.

What do you mean we owe you ten grand ? Nah that's those other blokes := , what are they called Sigmar ? or am I just being cynical :rolleyes:

Nightrider
17th Mar 2010, 07:54
But they did not change the email server yet....it is still [email protected]

Ref. THY, the interview / assessment failure rate is very high with no explanation of what went wrong, an official statement about the outcome is mostly only available after 10-14 days with the agency; in case of passing the initial step, another visit in IST is required for the residence and working permit. The mentioned visa procedure and the (737) groundcourse / simulator for both variants (NG and classic) are an extraordinary almost 4 months period. Looking at all this and THY "hiding" the real contract until reporting for duty in IST, more facts are surfacing. Bonding (non pro-rata), no accommodation during training, 24/7 availability required even on days off, Turkish tax reducing the advertised salary drastically, the number of unhappy faces are growing by the day.

Sigma(r) has joined the already large number of agencies promising THY to have plenty of adequate pilots available. The ad promises a permanent contract, no, it is not, it is simply a direct contract between any interested pilot and THY for a possible renewable 1 year period. And be aware, this is not intended to be a commuting contract.

Whether Sigma or Sigmar, the persons are the same, the process is the same, the experience will be the same. And their involvement will be no less and no more than they have shown before.

captplaystation
17th Mar 2010, 09:31
Thanks for the heads up. I had heard the "contract" was not perhaps to be taken at face value.
That goes some way to explaining why the job is advertised virtually daily by 3 ? 4 ? different agencies for the last few months.
I, and many others I was in touch with, were interviewed over a year ago in response to the ad on their website. Most of us were not even contacted to say No, never mind No Thanks, which I guess must have been the result ? :confused: Very friendly/jovial at interview, but what a strange set up :rolleyes:

IRISHPILOT
23rd Mar 2010, 15:04
Nightrider, you are probably right about most of what you write about THY, but, having worked for several Turkish companies, I can confirm that income tax for pilots is 1% only in Turkey. As you are a resident of Turkey if you work for THY, you will pay no more than that.

cheers IP

Nightrider
24th Mar 2010, 08:08
Irish, thanks a lot for the info...can someone tell that the THY accountants please? No flight during a month, full tax. During initial training, on 737 almost 6 weeks, full tax since there is no flight....:ouch:
And THY HR confirms during interview when specifically asked that the tax is 5%.... :sad:

320seriesTRE
25th Mar 2010, 13:44
They did send of their pilots to us last year.

If I remember correctly it was called SIGMAR