PDA

View Full Version : Language proficency in Turkey

birdlady
16th Mar 2010, 12:22
On the off chance that someone can help. :):)

I am trying to locate someone who deals with language proficiency in Turkey. I have searched the CAA database with no joy.

Ta :ok:

B2N2
19th Mar 2010, 12:19
It could help if you told us which language and for what purpose...
English proficiency, Turkish, Russian, Kurdish?
Do you need language proficiency on your pilot certificate?

birdlady
19th Mar 2010, 17:04
Good point. English ofcourse :ok:

B2N2
22nd Mar 2010, 18:25
OK, that's part one of the questions answered.
Now for part two; what do you need it for?

2close
23rd Mar 2010, 08:44
Contact Mayflower College in Plymouth, UK.

Test of English for Aviation - T.E.A. (http://www.maycoll.co.uk/aviation-english/tea.html)

They designed and administer the Test of English for Aviation which is one of the most widely used tests worldwide - they will undoubtedly have an accredited TEA Test Centre in Turkey.

If, on the other hand, you are visiting the UK, contact me by PM and I can arrange the test for you at our accredited TEA Test Centre.

Hope this helps. :)

birdlady
23rd Mar 2010, 20:47
Hi BN,

I would like to know how one becomes a teacher or an examiner. I have a PPL and Im a qualified English teacher so I thought why couldnt I combine the two. :ok: Do you know how I could go about this?

2 close,

Much obliged. :D:D Will contact them tomorrow to see if they have testing centres in Turkey.

AviationEnglish
24th Mar 2010, 19:47
Two points:
There are now several commercial tests available (VAET, TEA, AEROSOLUTIONS, RMIT and others) and it's best to see which one is accepted by Turkey CAA before committing to any one. Be careful as some tests say the are "accredited" when this is not true. Check with your authority.

To become an Aviation English trainer requires no formal training as yet. In fact if you already have both an aviation background AND a language training bakground that puts you in a good position. If you wish to be able to "rate" the level of pilots using one particular commercial test you need to do a rater course provided by that test supplier. There is no official organisation of raters yet, and no matter what anyone tells you, you must remember that rating is still very unstandardised which means that pilots could do all the above tests and get different levels!