PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook FUE to BHX 10/03/10 - Most informative flight crew ever!

Browners
15th Mar 2010, 16:12
Hi All

Just wanted to dish out some praise for the flight crew on TCX flight from FUE to BHX last wednesday. I don't think I've ever been on a flight where I have had as much information from the flight deck.

Firstly when we reached cruising altitude, we were advised that we would have approximately 15 minutes of turbulence as we had a jetstream behind us that was pushing us along and would make our arrival into BHX earlier, the flight crew then went on to explain what a jetstream was and how it affected planes.

We were constantly advised of landmarks and any changes in our ETA.

Finally when we started our descent the flightcrew advised that they would be shortly deploying the speedbrakes and that this would cause a slight vibration and not to be alarmed.

I was hugely impressed, it might not sound like a lot to some of you, but to nervous flyers like myself it helped put me at ease. That and the cabin crew were also excellent and went out of their way to help you out.

Well done Thomas Cook, brilliant service. :ok:

adfly
15th Mar 2010, 18:19
I suppose its a shame very few flights are as good as your one!!

Rusland 17
15th Mar 2010, 18:59
Nice for the kids and the enthusiasts, maybe, but I can imagine the constant announcements getting more than a little irritating for those who just want to relax.

Hotel Tango
16th Mar 2010, 14:21
Then again, how much relaxing can you expect on a plane full of holiday pax and their kids?

Two-Tone-Blue
16th Mar 2010, 18:58
I'm impressed that someone could actually hear what was being said by the flight crew. To me it's usually burble, and when I ask my wife what he said she usually shrugs as well.

Fernanjet
21st Mar 2010, 14:52
Someone posts a nice praiseful comment.....

what do we get....

4 moaning and whingeing replies.....come on people get a life or just be quiet!

sierratangomike
23rd Mar 2010, 12:40
Definitely in favour of a bit more information. Last month, flying Singapore to London, captain came on the intercome to explain that we were about to hit some weather that would cause turbulence, it would last about an hour, and he would be leaving the seatbelt sign on until we were through it. Normally on long haul, you hit a bump, the sign goes on, after a few minutes of nothing everyone gets up and starts walking around again with the sign still on. It was noticeable that people went along with it much more when we knew why and roughly how long.

champair79
24th Mar 2010, 20:12
last January, flew EasyJet. The F/O came on and told us we were flying in formation with the A380 and if any spotters were on board, to get their cameras out! Thought it was a nice touch especially for a plane geek like myself :}. Even regular pax were peering out the window watching it.

Hotel Tango
25th Mar 2010, 16:04
The F/O came on and told us we were flying in formation with the A380

In formation :eek: Surprised the pax didn't file a Proximity Report! :E

;)

jimtherev
25th Mar 2010, 16:16
Even worse - a synchro pair pass. :eek:

champair79
27th Mar 2010, 13:50
clever dicks - you knew what I meant! On a parallel airway and it gradually overtook us as it has a slightly higher cruise speed than the 737. :)

Solar
28th Mar 2010, 01:53
Remember a mate of mine (airline pilot) who was a great one for keeping the SLF informed as much as possible telling me of a flight he did from Newcastle (England) to Belfast on a Shorts. They were coasting out at around 10,000 ft with panoramic views in all directions so he proceeded to point out the relevant features of the west coast saying "for the passengers on the left you can see as far as Blackpool and those on the right can see the Mull of Kintyre and so on". When he finished his PR exercise a controller from Scottish Info said that's funny I'm on the right but I can't the Mull of Kintyre. The mate had forgot to select the PA and was still on Scottish. Got a bit of a ribbing for that.