PDA

View Full Version : B200 Ferry Flight

gdukkoq
15th Mar 2010, 15:58
Hey mates,

I have to ferry a B200 from North Carolina to South Africa, anyone has good tips or internet links to get some good advice on how to organize the all trip ?
Thanks !

missioncontrol
15th Mar 2010, 16:37
This link is a good place to start if you are doing it all yourself

Great Circle Mapper (http://gc.kls2.com/)

good -luck

MC

gdukkoq
15th Mar 2010, 20:56
Thank you !

Tinstaafl
16th Mar 2010, 05:42
Will the aircraft have extra fuel? That's one of the biggest factors in your planning. There's only a limited number of routes that would be do-able on standard tanks: North Atlantic crossing via Canada, Greenland, Iceland & UK and then south through Europe & Africa, or possibly south through the Caribbean to Brazil then a South Atlantic crossing through Natal or similar to Ascension Island to West Africa.

According to Wikipedia it's possible to get permission to land at Ascension with at least 3 weeks notice. Stretching it a bit though: It's about 1250 nm to Ascension from Natal, Brazil and then 1000 nm to somewhere like Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

Chicken Leg
16th Mar 2010, 16:59
Do you need a Co/Captain??!! Plenty of B200 time and a pretty good ferry experience!!

Lurcherman
17th Mar 2010, 10:15
I would have thought St Johns/ Gander - Azores - Canaries would be the first route to consider. LPAZ is usual stop over with Horta 1186nms from YT

gdukkoq
17th Mar 2010, 18:42
Do you know a good company for flight support and assisstance (handling-fuel-clearances-navigation kit) ? I did contact JETEX 2 day ago, and they didn't get back to me. Any advices ?

Tinstaafl
17th Mar 2010, 19:43
According to the Great Circle mapper website, CYYT-LPAZ is 1370. I figured it might be a stretch too far for range. Even the South Atlantic route is a bit doubtful.

dc9-32
19th Mar 2010, 17:29
My advice, route out over Newfoundland, Iceland, Prestwick down to somewhere like Albenga, one of the Greek islands then into Egypt. Down towards Addis and onwards.

Don't try the CYYT-Azores route. Too tight in my opinion and certainly don't try the Brazil-Ascension route :ok:

atcfalcon
23rd Mar 2010, 17:24
Check your PM please !

Brgds

julian_storey
23rd Mar 2010, 18:40
If you need advice on the trip from the US as far as North Africa, PM me - I've done it several times in King Airs. It's no big deal.

Not done much in Africa - so you may need someone else to help you with Morocco Southwards :)

gdukkoq
24th Mar 2010, 09:59
The ferry is schedule the 5th of April, looking for an FAA CFII MEI to do the ferry with me. Best someone with ferry experience and hours on B200.
:ok:

Meoff
28th Mar 2010, 14:09
Check your PM. Got FAA CFI-I-ASMEL. Where is King Air Located in NC?