PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 Medical - Problems

bawannabe
12th Apr 2001, 22:41
I have just had a CAA class one. They've come back to me telling me I have 'a minor brain abnormality shown on the EEG which needs further tests'.

Is this common?? Do people usually pass once further investigation is conducted?

I have a place on a BA training scheme and am very worried...can anyone advise?

Pielander
12th Apr 2001, 22:51
If they used the word 'minor', then I'd say there was still plenty of hope. Just hang in there fella. You've done your bit now!

Well done also.

Pie

scroggs
12th Apr 2001, 23:47
Moved to 'Medical', where it belongs.

scroggs

Harves
13th Apr 2001, 00:36
Been there myself. Obviousely, I don't know what your problem was, but mine was an a typical spike similar to an epeleptic. i was told that it may change as the brain matured (I was 17) After several years of retrying, nothing changed so I gave up. Recently, I tried again and all is well.

I hope that this proves to be the case with you or maybe even sooner.

I am told that it is not uncommon, so good luck.

BAB2B
13th Apr 2001, 17:47
Hi

I know what you're going through, I've just unfortunately failed the Class 1 on vision (total surprise) after passing BA FB. Sounds like you have a better chance though, don't give up hope and don't let the CAA drag their heels on it.

You get a year with BA to pass the class 1 so if they fail you now you could try again and still get on a BA training course without re-applying.

Good luck.