PDA

View Full Version : 50% of Pprune Pilots Total Assholes?

The Sleeping Pax
19th Apr 2000, 19:21
Well come on guys . You do ask for it!

Kaptin M
19th Apr 2000, 19:39
You've miscounted, it's much higher than that. No cockpit visits for you, Sleeping Pax

7times7
19th Apr 2000, 20:03
are pilots categorised as technical or professionals as they would like to be called in terms of job description?

[This message has been edited by 7times7 (edited 19 April 2000).]

Bubbette
19th Apr 2000, 20:19
Everyone here has certainly been respectful of me, and I appreciate it.

The Sleeping Pax
20th Apr 2000, 04:09
Kaptain N, You may well be right, but if you have read my missives in the past I am all in favour of keeping you animals well segregated from we SLF. : ;):

Bubbette, I too have been treated with the utmost respect and it is also appreciated. What I am referring to is the backstabbing that seems to go on in so many of the Threads in this Forum. That these guys are responsible for our safety and that we seem to be treated with such distain by so many of them seems to be contrary to the first word of this site. PROFESSIONAL. :rolleyes:

------------------
Wake me up when we get there

AuralDelight
20th Apr 2000, 05:34
Aaw, come on chaps. A job's a job and let's get on with it. Stop talking about nothing. Zzzzzzz......

ehwatezedoing
21st Apr 2000, 07:38
To keep our pax sleeping is part of the job.

Speedjeans
21st Apr 2000, 17:43
The Sleeping Pax
Dude one of the things you have to remember is that Pilots are just normal people who like you and the world and his brother get wound up at work and it can be very hard to express yourself at work, due to the fear of getting a bad name or being looked at as a lose cannon because you are prepaired to speak about a senitive issue.
So this is where this wonderful forum comes in and allows members of the 1 & 2 wing master race to come and let off a load of steam without any fear of action...
But you are right the is a lot of back stabbing going on but you get that in any job and any industry, and there are some dudes who should not be writing in these forums but there you have it.
Just remember we need to let steam off some how and this to me is the best place to do it!
Cheers Speedjeans :)

------------------
Catch you on the flip side!

The Sleeping Pax
22nd Apr 2000, 00:43
Speedjeans. I take your point 100%. I hope you noticed the "Winking Icon" at the start of my initial posting. I just wish there was a forum like Pprune for my own industry so I could occasionally let off steam. Yes we all get stabbed in the back and, if we are honest, we backstab too when necessary (sadly)to further our own careers. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

------------------
Wake me up when we get there

redsnail
22nd Apr 2000, 04:00
Why don't you email Danny and start one yourself? You can use the UBB as a guide.

PPRuNe Towers
22nd Apr 2000, 08:13
Interesting point Sleeping Pax.

In the last month I've been approached by two totally separate and non aviation professions asking if we could set up a PPRuNe equivalent for them. Hmmmm.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

Self Loading Freight
22nd Apr 2000, 17:58
PPRuNe Towers--

I've written about this place (bloody journos, eh?) and suggested that many more industries would benefit from having a similar system. Hold on, I'll see if I can find the URL... this is from a UK trade weekly called IT Week. Includes happy smiling mugshot of yrs truly -- be warned.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/itweek/columns/2000/09/goodwins.html

There is deffo a market for community engineering like this. Turning that into a business would be harder, though -- marketing and support costs would not be negligable, although there are some interesting models in open source which may be worth thinking about.

R

------------------
"...or we'll be up here all day..."

[This message has been edited by Self Loading Freight (edited 22 April 2000).]

Tonkenna
23rd Apr 2000, 09:28
Good grief, see what you mean about the picture, though glad you can't see me ;).

The article was spot on though. I feel so much better after a good rant on the prune, and who knows, someone might even take notice.