PDA

View Full Version : any GA/flying clubs in Macau?

Air_King
15th Mar 2010, 02:58
i know that HK has GA (although from what i hear its very hard to get any flying times). how about macau? do they have GA and any flight clubs/schools where i would be able to do some flying there?

tks

Arrowhead
21st Mar 2010, 14:08
errr no. Used to be a cirrus here, but no longer. No Light avaition at all. We only have an ATZ, no airspace.

Air_King
22nd Mar 2010, 02:17
that's too bad...i actually found one flying club from the net that is based in zhu-hai just across from macau (apollo flying club). but when i called them to find out about how i can fly there, they seemed to be totally clueless about if and how i could fly there, whether or not foreigners can even use the licenses for GA flying in china, etc. it wasnt a language problem because i speak chinese so i was able to ask them everything i wanted to ask...they just werent able to provide any answers....which seems strange since they ARE a flying club after all...

haha i dont know if anyone has actually had better luck with these guys....

Air_King
1st Apr 2010, 11:36
So, since there is no GA in macau...has anyone tried/found any GA across the bridge from macau in Zhu-hai?

turnandburn
1st Apr 2010, 12:54
Last time i was there there wer several c172 and a 206 on the ramp you may just have to go over and look around

Air_King
1st Apr 2010, 13:00
@turnaround

which ramp are you talking about? i've been to macau many times but not over the bridge to zhu-hai yet....

i'm guessing u dont mean the int'l airport there...i cant imagine the chinese CAA would allow c172's up in there...would they? haha